    Will M Guest

    Is there a web browser that recognizes adobe rgb 1998 color profiles on
    JPGs?

    Will M, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Will M

    Eric Gill Guest

    "Will M" <> wrote in news:gm0md.122$2h3.6203
    @nnrp1.ozemail.com.au:

    > Is there a web browser that recognizes adobe rgb 1998 color profiles on
    > JPGs?

    No.

    And unless you're doing pages for an environment you control, you shouldn't
    bother with any new tech until Internet Exploder supports it.

    And - before the flamewar begins - I *despise* IE, and would love to be
    able to use a whole bunch of useful tech, like PNG, on my web pages.
    Reality keeps that from being a practical option, though.

    Eric Gill, Nov 15, 2004

  3. On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:39:00 GMT, Eric Gill <> wrote:

    >And - before the flamewar begins - I *despise* IE, and would love to be
    >able to use a whole bunch of useful tech, like PNG, on my web pages.
    >Reality keeps that from being a practical option, though.

    You can use PNG - just not PNG with alpha transparency. (Apologies if
    you already knew that.)

    --
    Stephen Poley

    Stephen Poley, Nov 15, 2004
  4. Will M

    Eric Gill Guest

    Stephen Poley <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:39:00 GMT, Eric Gill <> wrote:
    >
    >>And - before the flamewar begins - I *despise* IE, and would love to be
    >>able to use a whole bunch of useful tech, like PNG, on my web pages.
    >>Reality keeps that from being a practical option, though.

    > You can use PNG - just not PNG with alpha transparency. (Apologies if
    > you already knew that.)

    I did. However, the alpha transparency is what really distinguishes PNG
    from JPG/GIF, so...

    Eric Gill, Nov 15, 2004