Adobe releases Camera Raw 3.2 for Photoshop CS2

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sid derra, Sep 27, 2005.

  1. sid derra

    sid derra Guest

    just fyi:

    "Adobe has today released v3.2 of the Camera Raw plug-in for Photoshop CS2.
    The new version adds official support for the Nikon D2Hs, D70s and D50, as
    well as Leica's Digital-Modul-R back and the Hasselblad H2D (the latter two
    are capable of writing RAW files in Adobe's DNG RAW format).

    In addition, D2X owners will notice that Camera Raw now fully honours the As
    Shot white balance (WB), owing to the inclusion of code supplied by Nikon to
    interpret the encoded WB information in D2X NEF files. NEF files from the
    newly-supported D2Hs and D50 will display correct As Shot WB also, thanks to
    the "mini-SDK" that has been furnished to Adobe by Nikon.

    The Mac and Windows download links for both Camera Raw 3.2 and DNG Converter
    3.2 are on the Camera Raw page of Adobe's web site"

    source: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-7886-8031

    download: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

    rock on - sid

    sid derra, Sep 27, 2005

  2. sid derra

    Anabella M. Guest

    Dear Sid, thank you very much for this excellent piece of information.
    Take care...

    Anabella

    Anabella M., Sep 27, 2005

  3. sid derra

    Guest

    Any chance of someone knowing a phone number for Adobe. Trying to
    download Camera Raw 3.2 it asks me to register. When I put in my
    e-mail and normal password it comes back as not registered. When I try
    a new registration it tells me that my e-mail is in use. When I apply
    for lost password...zilch. Thanks

    , Sep 30, 2005
  4. sid derra

    Mark Roberts Guest

    wrote:

    >Any chance of someone knowing a phone number for Adobe. Trying to
    >download Camera Raw 3.2 it asks me to register. When I put in my
    >e-mail and normal password it comes back as not registered. When I try
    >a new registration it tells me that my e-mail is in use. When I apply
    >for lost password...zilch. Thanks

    Easiest thing to do would be to create a new webmail address (with
    hotmail, mail.com, etc.) and re-register.

    --
    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing

    Mark Roberts, Sep 30, 2005
  5. sid derra

    Guest

    That's an idea. I have this one. I also have a Registered, legitimate
    copy of Photoshop CS2 in my real e-mail. Do you think the new registry
    is just marketing bs or connected to the real software? I'll give it a
    try to see if I can get the software. (I have a D50 and have been
    waiting for this upgrade) But hope I don't mess up future updates.
    Any ideas on how tied to the legitimate software and ID the updates are?

    , Oct 1, 2005
  6. sid derra

    Guest

    I have used ACR that comes with CS. On night shots, I have found that
    DXO and CaptureOne are clearly superior in terms of noise reduction and
    other artifacts (on a 20D image shot at ISO1600). Does any one know if
    the version in CS2 is better in this regard, or is it all workflow
    enhancement?

    sid derra wrote:
    > just fyi:
    >
    > "Adobe has today released v3.2 of the Camera Raw plug-in for Photoshop CS2.
    > The new version adds official support for the Nikon D2Hs, D70s and D50, as
    > well as Leica's Digital-Modul-R back and the Hasselblad H2D (the latter two
    > are capable of writing RAW files in Adobe's DNG RAW format).
    >
    > In addition, D2X owners will notice that Camera Raw now fully honours the As
    > Shot white balance (WB), owing to the inclusion of code supplied by Nikon to
    > interpret the encoded WB information in D2X NEF files. NEF files from the
    > newly-supported D2Hs and D50 will display correct As Shot WB also, thanks to
    > the "mini-SDK" that has been furnished to Adobe by Nikon.
    >
    > The Mac and Windows download links for both Camera Raw 3.2 and DNG Converter
    > 3.2 are on the Camera Raw page of Adobe's web site"
    >
    > source: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-7886-8031
    >
    > download: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html
    >
    > rock on - sid

    , Oct 1, 2005
  7. <> wrote in message
    >I have used ACR that comes with CS. On night shots, I have found that
    > DXO and CaptureOne are clearly superior in terms of noise reduction and
    > other artifacts (on a 20D image shot at ISO1600). Does any one know if
    > the version in CS2 is better in this regard, or is it all workflow
    > enhancement?

    I don't know that ACR claims to effect noise. I think it does what it is
    supposed to do...put as much information accurately in the file....noise is
    part of the accuracy. Deal with that in Photoshop.

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 1, 2005
  8. sid derra

    John Bean Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 15:00:45 GMT, "Gene Palmiter"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >>I have used ACR that comes with CS. On night shots, I have found that
    >> DXO and CaptureOne are clearly superior in terms of noise reduction and
    >> other artifacts (on a 20D image shot at ISO1600). Does any one know if
    >> the version in CS2 is better in this regard, or is it all workflow
    >> enhancement?

    >I don't know that ACR claims to effect noise. I think it does what it is
    >supposed to do...put as much information accurately in the file....noise is
    >part of the accuracy. Deal with that in Photoshop.

    Well, it has controls labeled "Luminance smoothing" and
    "Color noise reduction" so I'd be surprised if it's not
    claiming to reduce noise ;-)

    It does a lot more behind the scenes - it removes hot
    pixels, it even removes certain "pattern" noises that some
    cameras can produce (so called "diagonal noise" in the KM A2
    for example). These are features of ACR that go unnoticed -
    until you use a different converter that doesn't offer them.

    --
    Regards

    John Bean

    John Bean, Oct 1, 2005
  9. > It does a lot more behind the scenes - it removes hot
    > pixels, it even removes certain "pattern" noises that some
    > cameras can produce (so called "diagonal noise" in the KM A2
    > for example). These are features of ACR that go unnoticed -
    > until you use a different converter that doesn't offer them.

    I stand corrected. I made decisions when I got ARC that I would rather do
    most of that in Photoshop and have not revisited those other controls for
    quite awhile. Maybe I should do so....like I have any spare time. We can't
    afford to rest on our laurels in this business.

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 2, 2005