    you can access it or contact the application vendor that it is a valid
    Windows installer patch package."

    Any help at all will be greatly appreciated
    ALBERT STEEL, Jun 12, 2007

  2. ALBERT STEEL wrote:

    > Help,
    >
    > I seem rather stupidly to have lost adobe reader.

    That is not a bad thing.

    Once you are able to get rid of the old version, go get a non-bloated
    PDF reader, such as FoxItReader. It's free for home use, and I've been
    using it for years on the Windows box.

    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

    Sorry, I don't have Adobe so can't help you uninstall it.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 12, 2007

  3. ALBERT STEEL

    SgtMinor Guest

    ALBERT STEEL wrote:
    > Help,
    >
    > I seem rather stupidly to have lost adobe reader.
    > It started when I downloaded an update yesterday for adobe 8.
    > When trying to install I received the following message:
    > "Error1714. The older version of Adobe Reader 8 cannot be removed. Contact
    > your support group."
    >
    > I then removed Adobe Reader 8 using the control panel but still can't
    > install the new version getting the same error message.
    >
    > When I try to remove Adobe Reader 7.0.8 using the control panel I get the
    > following:
    > "The patch package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and
    > you can access it or contact the application vendor that it is a valid
    > Windows installer patch package."
    >
    > Any help at all will be greatly appreciated

    From Adobe: "Error 1714. The older version of Adobe [product] cannot
    be removed. Contact your technical support group."

    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=320310&sliceId=2
    SgtMinor, Jun 12, 2007