    install I get he following message.....Error1714 the older version of Adobe
    Reader cannot be removed.Contact your technical support
    How can I overcome this problem pleaseI would appreciate any help with this.
    Tab, Jul 31, 2006

  2. Tab

    beenthere Guest

    "Tab" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Adobe reader 7.0.8 Was installed on my Win Xp PC but Windows could not
    > open it.Thought I would download it again from Adobe site and on trying
    > to install I get he following message.....Error1714 the older version of
    > Adobe Reader cannot be removed.Contact your technical support
    > How can I overcome this problem pleaseI would appreciate any help with
    > this.

    Control Panel\Add\Remove programs.
    Find the Adobe entry click it. Click the support link, and you
    should be able to Repair it.
    beenthere, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Tab

    Tab Guest

    "beenthere" <> wrote in message

    > "Tab" <> wrote in message
    >> Adobe reader 7.0.8 Was installed on my Win Xp PC but Windows could not
    >> open it.Thought I would download it again from Adobe site and on trying
    >> to install I get he following message.....Error1714 the older version of
    >> Adobe Reader cannot be removed.Contact your technical support
    >> How can I overcome this problem pleaseI would appreciate any help with
    >> this.
    >>

    > Control Panel\Add\Remove programs.
    > Find the Adobe entry click it. Click the support link, and you
    > should be able to Repair it.

    Tried that and get a message.......This patch package could not be opened
    ..........................etc
    Tab, Jul 31, 2006
  4. Tab

    beenthere Guest

    "Tab" <> wrote in message

    > "beenthere" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Tab" <> wrote in message
    >>> Adobe reader 7.0.8 Was installed on my Win Xp PC but Windows could not
    >>> open it.Thought I would download it again from Adobe site and on trying
    >>> to install I get he following message.....Error1714 the older version of
    >>> Adobe Reader cannot be removed.Contact your technical support
    >>> How can I overcome this problem pleaseI would appreciate any help with
    >>> this.
    >>>

    >> Control Panel\Add\Remove programs.
    >> Find the Adobe entry click it. Click the support link, and you
    >> should be able to Repair it.
    >>

    > Tried that and get a message.......This patch package could not be opened
    > .........................etc

    Sorry Tab. It worked OK for me on XP, altho` it was 6 I
    tried it with.
    If 7 won`t clear with Add\Remove, then you might have to
    do it the hard way.
    ie. Search all instances of Adobe, and delete them.
    Then do the same in the Registry.
    Assuming you have no other Adobe products on board.
    beenthere, Jul 31, 2006
  5. Tab

    Tab Guest

    "beenthere" <> wrote in message

    > "Tab" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "beenthere" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Tab" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Control Panel\Add\Remove programs.
    >>> Find the Adobe entry click it. Click the support link, and you
    >>> should be able to Repair it.
    >>>

    >> Tried that and get a message.......This patch package could not be opened
    >> .........................etc

    > Sorry Tab. It worked OK for me on XP, altho` it was 6 I
    > tried it with.
    > If 7 won`t clear with Add\Remove, then you might have to
    > do it the hard way.
    > ie. Search all instances of Adobe, and delete them.
    > Then do the same in the Registry.
    > Assuming you have no other Adobe products on board.

    Thanks beenthere .Have tried to get rid of all Adobe but got to the stage
    where access to files were denied so gave up and Im not too sure about
    touching anything in Registry.I did find the Reader there and there is an
    entry that says Repair reader but I dont know how to tackle that.
    Tab, Jul 31, 2006
  6. Tab wrote:
    > Adobe reader 7.0.8 Was installed on my Win Xp PC but Windows could
    > not open it.Thought I would download it again from Adobe site and on
    > trying to install I get he following message.....Error1714 the older
    > version of Adobe Reader cannot be removed.Contact your technical
    > support How can I overcome this problem pleaseI would appreciate any help
    > with this.

    Go here scroll down and follow the steps under Manually remove Adobe
    Reader. Just skip any parts that you may have already completed. Replace
    the version # 6.0.2 with your corrupted versions number.
    http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/327675.html

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/bdjmp

    --
    My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me.
    Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)
    Randall Smith, Aug 1, 2006