    an no uninstall in all programs list.My system is Win xp fully updated.
    Is there any way I can get Reader 7 off my PC? please.I would appreciate any
    help with this.

    Tab, May 22, 2007

  2. Tab

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 22 May 2007 20:16:18 +0100, Tab wrote:

    >I have this on my PC and it will not open files that I know are on Cd.I have
    >tried updating Reader 7 but at the installation stage I get a message
    >Error1402 Could not open key, and it gives a registry key and asks me to
    >verify if I have access to that key.I am not keen to go into Registry and I

    Looking isn't so much of an issue.

    >am not sure if I would know what to do if I did find the key.I would
    >uninstall Reader and reinstall but there is not a Remove box in Add/Remove
    >an no uninstall in all programs list.My system is Win xp fully updated.
    >Is there any way I can get Reader 7 off my PC? please.I would appreciate any
    >help with this.

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 21,600 for
    uninstall adobe reader 7 Error 1402
    .. (0.15 seconds)

    or any FAQ, guide, support notes from the vendor www.adobe.com and the
    forums www.adobeforums.com

    Adobe Forums - Uninstalling Adobe Reader 7
    I wish to uninstall Reader 7 in order to get a fresh install of Adobe
    Reader, version 8. However, when I go to "Add or remove programs" in the
    Control panel ...
    www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc33d7e - 62k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    Me

    why?, May 22, 2007

  3. Tab

    Tab Guest

    > On Tue, 22 May 2007 20:16:18 +0100, Tab wrote:
    >
    >>I have this on my PC and it will not open files that I know are on Cd.I
    >>have
    >>tried updating Reader 7 but at the installation stage I get a message
    >>Error1402 Could not open key, and it gives a registry key and asks me to
    >>verify if I have access to that key.I am not keen to go into Registry and

    > Looking isn't so much of an issue.
    >
    >>am not sure if I would know what to do if I did find the key.I would
    >>uninstall Reader and reinstall but there is not a Remove box in Add/Remove
    >>an no uninstall in all programs list.My system is Win xp fully updated.
    >>Is there any way I can get Reader 7 off my PC? please.I would appreciate
    >>any
    >>help with this.

    > www.google.com
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 21,600 for
    > uninstall adobe reader 7 Error 1402
    > . (0.15 seconds)
    >

    > or any FAQ, guide, support notes from the vendor www.adobe.com and the
    > forums www.adobeforums.com
    >
    > Adobe Forums - Uninstalling Adobe Reader 7
    > I wish to uninstall Reader 7 in order to get a fresh install of Adobe
    > Reader, version 8. However, when I go to "Add or remove programs" in the
    > Control panel ...
    > www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc33d7e - 62k - Cached - Similar
    > pages
    >

    > Me

    Thanks Me Problem solved.Can I borrow your stopwatch? ;-)

    Tab, May 23, 2007