adobe reader 6.0 and printing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mike, Jul 23, 2006.

  1. mike

    mike Guest

    hi,

    i'm using adobe 6.0 and a canon pixma 780 printer.

    when i try to print from a pdf using adobe 6.0 the top, bottom and sides of
    page are cut off. i have tried "fit to page" to no avail and also tried
    shrinking the text size from 100% to 75% and below. that doesn't work
    either.

    very frustrating to say nothing of wasting ink and paper.

    i tried a goog group search for an answer but must not be using the right
    keywords.

    how can i fit the complete page so i can print it?

    thanks,

    mike

    mike, Jul 23, 2006

  2. mike

    Mike Easter Guest

    mike wrote:

    > i'm using adobe 6.0 and a canon pixma 780 printer.

    And your operating system is some Win or another unstated.

    > when i try to print from a pdf using adobe 6.0 the top, bottom and
    > sides of page are cut off. i have tried "fit to page" to no avail and
    > also tried shrinking the text size from 100% to 75% and below. that
    > doesn't work either.

    That text size shrinking you are describing is for viewing purposes, not
    printing. That doesn't do anything about your problem.

    That printing business is handled by the printer driver for your
    unidentified Win in conjuction with Adobe's print function. The printer
    drivers for the Pixma MP780 for various versions of Win and Mac can be
    seen here http://alpha02u.c-wss.com/inc/ApplServlet?SV=WWUCA900 along
    with some other Canon free software for different Wins from 9x-2k-xp.

    > how can i fit the complete page so i can print it?

    Make sure that your printer's software is correctly configured for your
    paper so that it isn't trying to print to A4 instead of 8.5x11 letter vs
    legal or vice versa.

    Adobe's document properties tells you what paper size is configured.
    When you use your print function, you get a preview of the result, and
    you should be previewing based on the document's papersize. You can
    configure to change to 'choose paper size by pdf size' and you can also
    ask adobe for printing tips and you can also choose to print to scale to
    fit to paper or to shrink large pages.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 23, 2006

  3. mike

    Mellowed Guest

    My PDF printing problems disappeared when I started using Foxit.
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

    It's free so it's worth a try.

    "mike" <> wrote in message
    : hi,