    When I changed over from Vista 32 to Vista 64 one thing that doesn't work
    correctly in 64 that did work in 32 is the Adobe previewer that is used in
    Windows Explorer. Is there any way to fix this? TIA
    David F, Feb 27, 2008

  2. David F

    Carlos Guest

    David,
    Have you installed any pdf file reader like Acrobat (www.acrobat.com) or
    foxit (www.foxitsoftware.com)?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Feb 28, 2008

  3. David F

    David F Guest

    Carlos, Yes, Adobe is installed. I get the preview in 32-bit when I ran it,
    just not 64 bit. Word and other office programs still work in 64-bit.
    David

    David F, Feb 28, 2008
  4. David F

    S.SubZero Guest

    Since the Adobe program you are trying to use is built with 32-bit
    DLL's, they cannot interact with the 64-bit Explorer desktop.
    S.SubZero, Feb 28, 2008
  5. David F

    David F Guest

    But the Office 2007 Pro is 32-bit as well and it works with preview.

    David F, Feb 29, 2008
  6. David F

    S.SubZero Guest

    On Feb 28, 7:58 pm, "David F" <> wrote:
    > But the Office 2007 Pro is 32-bit as well and it works with preview.

    Office 2007 comes with the necessary components to hook into the 64-
    bit shell. If you look on the install disc you will see an
    Office64.en-us directory with these components. If you install Office
    2007 (which came out after XP64 so it knows what 64-bit is), it
    automatically uses these components.

    Adobe may not provide such facilities.
    S.SubZero, Feb 29, 2008
  7. David F

    Chris Cowles Guest

    "David F" <> wrote in message news:...
    > When I changed over from Vista 32 to Vista 64 one thing that doesn't work
    > correctly in 64 that did work in 32 is the Adobe previewer that is used in
    > Windows Explorer. Is there any way to fix this? TIA

    After a recent Acrobat reader update, this now works for me. That's true for icons, at least.
    --
    Chris Cowles
    Gainesville, FL
    Chris Cowles, Apr 13, 2008