    forum this appears to happen to several users.
    Thanks,
    Ken
    k, Jan 28, 2005

  2. k

    steve Guest

    k wrote:
    > Do any readers use a successful and simple program for downloading DV
    > handycam movies and burning to DVD?
    > Have tried Adobe Premiere Elements and it crashes my computer. If I
    > import a video file the PE movie becomes jerky. Reading the Adobe user
    > forum this appears to happen to several users.
    > Thanks,
    > Ken

    I've used Adobe Premier 4.0 and 5.0 in the past.....and found it to be
    flakey software.

    It has features to die for......but crashes so often it's just not worth
    the trouble.

    Sorry to see the latest versions have carried on the 'tradition'.
    steve, Jan 29, 2005

  3. k

    Dave Nelson Guest

    I've been using Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2.5 SE which came with my handycam
    and it does what I need fine. I should add my editing needs are basic but
    I'm not having any probs with the software at all.
    Cheers
    Dave

    Dave Nelson, Jan 29, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    (k) wrote:

    >Do any readers use a successful and simple program for downloading DV
    >handycam movies and burning to DVD?

    I don't need a program, my Pioneer DVR-520H DVR will do it. Capture
    straight from FireWire to its hard drive, perform simple but
    frame-accurate editing, then write to DVD with a choice of a few simple
    menu screens, or export via FireWire back to DV if you like.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jan 31, 2005