Adobe Premier Elements and CyberLink PowerDVD, picture aspect ratio problem

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by _bojan, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. _bojan

    _bojan Guest

    Hi,

    I have JVC GZ-MC500E camera which record on mini drive in MOD file format.
    Camera has option to record with pixel aspect ratio 1.433 (16:9 format).

    When I play recorded tracks in PowerDVD it works fine, picture is in 16:9
    format, but when I make DVD with software that comes with camera (CyberLink
    PowerDirector), DVD is recorded in 4:3 format. Anyone knows why and how to
    solve this problem ?

    Also when I import these MOD files in Adobe Premiere Elements, files are
    also recognized as 4:3 format.

    What am I doing wrong ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Bojan