    CS for $579. That is absurd - for that amount I would rather continue
    using Canon's Fileviewer utility. Any hints or suggestions for
    alternatives?

    J, Nov 9, 2003

  2. J

    PhotoMan Guest

    "J" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I need help understanding this. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0,
    > which came bundled with the Rebel Digital. Is there a plug-in out there
    > that will allow me to open and 'develop' raw files from the Rebel?

    None to my knowledge, but I haven't really done any searching. I have
    Elements 1 & 2, and Photoshop 6. There's enough improvement in CS (aka 8)
    over PS 6 that I feel it would be worthwhile for me to get the CS upgrade.
    I've read that the 'healing brush' is really effective (introduced with PS
    7), and the dReb is one of the camera models supported by the RAW plug-in.

    Joe Arnold

    PhotoMan, Nov 9, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > I need help understanding this. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0,
    > which came bundled with the Rebel Digital. Is there a plug-in out there
    > that will allow me to open and 'develop' raw files from the Rebel? When
    > I visit the Adobe web site all I seem to find is a software calles Adobe
    > CS for $579. That is absurd - for that amount I would rather continue
    > using Canon's Fileviewer utility. Any hints or suggestions for
    > alternatives?

    You may want to look at the new Capture One DSLR RAW converter program
    for the Digital Rebel http://www.c1dslr.com/Products/C1 REBEL.aspx I
    think it is about $30. This is a very full featured and easy to use
    standalone RAW converter that supports a color managed workflow. It is
    worlds better than Canon's File Viewer Utility....

    Cheers, Steve
    --
    Remove NO if replying via email

    http://www.sphoto.com
    35mm and large format photography
    landscapes, scenics, zoo animals, and
    macro photographs of insects and flowers.
    extensive photo tech tips and digital imaging content.

    Steve Hoffmann, Nov 9, 2003
  4. J

    RAD Guest

    Adobe had a RAW plugin for PS7, but a much improved one is included in
    PS CS.

    I just wish Adobe would have an offer for those that bought Elements to
    upgrade to PS CS for *less* than full price. I know several people that
    would jump on that.

    RAD

    RAD, Nov 9, 2003
  5. J

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Steve Hoffmann" <> wrote in message

    > You may want to look at the new Capture One DSLR RAW converter program
    > for the Digital Rebel http://www.c1dslr.com/Products/C1 REBEL.aspx I
    > think it is about $30. This is a very full featured and easy to use
    > standalone RAW converter that supports a color managed workflow. It is
    > worlds better than Canon's File Viewer Utility....

    Thanks for the link

    PhotoMan, Nov 9, 2003
  6. J

    Wendy S Guest

    PhotoMan wrote:
    > There's enough improvement in CS (aka 8)
    > over PS 6 that I feel it would be worthwhile for me to get the CS upgrade.
    > I've read that the 'healing brush' is really effective (introduced with PS
    > 7), and the dReb is one of the camera models supported by the RAW plug-in.

    If all you need is the RAW conversion:
    http://www.insflug.org/raw/software/download

    It's based on dcraw.c and has been ported to Windows and Mac OS X.
    http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

    --
    Wendy in Chandler, AZ

    Wendy S, Nov 9, 2003
  7. J

    > You may want to look at the new Capture One DSLR RAW converter program
    > for the Digital Rebel http://www.c1dslr.com/Products/C1 REBEL.aspx I
    > think it is about $30. This is a very full featured and easy to use
    > standalone RAW converter that supports a color managed workflow. It is
    > worlds better than Canon's File Viewer Utility....

    Thanx again Steve - I read their blurbs and downloaded the trial version to
    see how I like it.

    Joe

    PhotoMan, Nov 9, 2003
  8. J

    Mustafa Krap Guest

    "J" <> wrote in message
    > I need help understanding this. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0,
    > which came bundled with the Rebel Digital. Is there a plug-in out there
    > that will allow me to open and 'develop' raw files from the Rebel? When
    > I visit the Adobe web site all I seem to find is a software calles Adobe
    > CS for $579. That is absurd - for that amount I would rather continue
    > using Canon's Fileviewer utility. Any hints or suggestions for
    > alternatives?

    Yes there is a RAW plug in for Elements 2 (can't remember where I got it)
    but you would be much better off paying $29 and getting the Capture One
    Rebel software, it's much better than the PS plug-in.

    Rob.

    Mustafa Krap, Nov 10, 2003