    Elements be good enough to do this or do I need to get the High End
    Photoshop. I would like to keep the price low. Plus how much is Photoshop
    Pro going for I think it is now call CS.
    Kenneth Maultsby, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Kenneth Maultsby

    Don Guest

    Elements will be fine.

    Don

    "Kenneth Maultsby" <> wrote in message
    news:0MsBc.18993$...
    > I am a new at editing digital prints. What I want to do is to create a
    > digital slide show of my parent and grandparents old black & white and

    early
    > color pictures of the past sixty years. I want to scan them and correct

    any

    Don, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Thanks

    Kenneth Maultsby, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Kenneth Maultsby

    Ron Risman Guest

    Hi Ken,

    Adobe Photoshop Elements should be fine for the task. If you want to take
    out scratches or cracks that run through many old photographs then you might
    benefit from the 'healing" tool found in Photoshop 7.0. You can use the
    clone tool for this however for this task the healing tool allows for
    quicker fixes.

    Ron Risman
    http://www.cameratown.com

    Ron Risman, Jun 21, 2004
  5. Kenneth Maultsby

    Ken Oaf Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 03:39:40 GMT, "Kenneth Maultsby" <>
    wrote:

    > I am a new at editing digital prints. What I want to do is to create a
    > digital slide show of my parent and grandparents old black & white and early
    > color pictures of the past sixty years. I want to scan them and correct any
    > flaws place them in a file and edit them to a CD or DVD. Would Photoshop
    > Elements be good enough to do this or do I need to get the High End
    > Photoshop. I would like to keep the price low. Plus how much is Photoshop
    > Pro going for I think it is now call CS.

    Have a look at Paint Shop Pro v8 instead of the Adobe products.
    Ken Oaf, Jun 21, 2004
  6. Kenneth Maultsby

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Kenneth Maultsby wrote:
    > I am a new at editing digital prints. What I want to do is to create a
    > digital slide show of my parent and grandparents old black & white and early
    > color pictures of the past sixty years. I want to scan them and correct any
    > flaws place them in a file and edit them to a CD or DVD. Would Photoshop
    > Elements be good enough to do this or do I need to get the High End
    > Photoshop. I would like to keep the price low. Plus how much is Photoshop
    > Pro going for I think it is now call CS.

    PSE 2.0 will do the job quite well. Note that for either PS product
    there is a farily steep learning curve, but you should be able to do
    quite well with the cheaper product for this usage.
    Ron Hunter, Jun 21, 2004
  7. Kenneth Maultsby

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Kenneth Maultsby"

    >I am a new at editing digital prints.
    >
    >I would like to keep the price low.

    Two good reasons to get Elements instead of Photoshop. Elements will do the
    things you mentioned just fine.
    Bill Hilton, Jun 21, 2004
  8. Kenneth Maultsby

    Luk Guest

    Kenneth Maultsby wrote:

    > I am a new at editing digital prints. What I want to do is to create a
    > digital slide show of my parent and grandparents old black & white and early
    > color pictures of the past sixty years. I want to scan them and correct any
    > flaws place them in a file and edit them to a CD or DVD. Would Photoshop
    > Elements be good enough to do this or do I need to get the High End
    > Photoshop.

    Just finished the same project you're about to start.
    I used Photoshop Elements 2 and have been more than
    pleased. A couple of the original photographs were
    so damaged I had to settle for less than a perfect result.
    They were 100 years old. (I doubt PS CS would
    have done them better.) The rest cleaned up nicely.
    It's a fascinating project and does take time.

    Luk
    Luk, Jun 21, 2004
  9. Thanks all for the feedback. I have another question which you may know or
    may not know will Eletments work with Adobe Premiere I know Photoshop 7.0
    and CS will for editing audio and pictures for video CD or DVD?

    Kenneth Maultsby, Jun 21, 2004
  10. Kenneth Maultsby

    nixjunk Guest

    >PSE 2.0 will do the job quite well. Note that for either PS product
    >there is a farily steep learning curve, but you should be able to do
    >quite well with the cheaper product for this usage.

    Forget Adobe and try Paint Shop Pro 8. Easy to use and much more powerful than
    Elements and often cheaper.
    nixjunk, Jun 22, 2004
  11. Kenneth Maultsby

    Rick Guest

    "nixjunk" <> wrote in message
    > >PSE 2.0 will do the job quite well. Note that for either PS product
    > >there is a farily steep learning curve, but you should be able to do
    > >quite well with the cheaper product for this usage.

    > Forget Adobe and try Paint Shop Pro 8. Easy to use and much more powerful

    than
    > Elements and often cheaper.

    Not cheaper than my copy of Elements...it came free with my Canon Digital
    Rebel.
    Rick, Jun 22, 2004
  12. For the one's that mention Paint Shop Pro 8 is more powerful can you explain
    why or tell me some examples?

    Kenneth Maultsby, Jun 22, 2004