    Thanks

    Chuck T

    , Feb 21, 2005

  2. Ronald Hands Guest

    wrote:
    > When I go to print my photo, in the preview window the colors is much
    > redder than it was when I edited it. It also prints that way also. I
    > have a new color pixma 6000 printer. I am assuming problem is in
    > elements.

    As I understand it, PS Elements is a color-managed program, which
    means you should calibrate your monitor using the Adobe Gamma
    utility which is included with the program. (This may be true only
    of the Windows version.) Then your prints should match your
    expectations. More info on the PS Elements forum at www.adobe.com.
    I use PSE 2.0 and fortunately my monitor seems to be on the
    button for calibration so I don't think I've ever used Adobe Gamma.
    I upload to an online service for prints and the results, from
    several services, have always matched what I see on the screen.

    -- Ron

    Ronald Hands, Feb 21, 2005

  3. bmoag Guest

    See above: you are applying color management twice. This is a complex topic
    and Canon nearly cripples their otherwise very capable printers with color
    management procedures that are non-intuitive and, compared to Epson drivers,
    just not very good. Contact Canon for instructions on how to set up your
    printer drivers as this may not be adequately covered in the instruction
    manual.

    bmoag, Feb 21, 2005
  4. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > When I go to print my photo, in the preview window the colors is much
    > redder than it was when I edited it. It also prints that way also. I
    > have a new color pixma 6000 printer. I am assuming problem is in
    > elements.
    >
    > Can anyone offer any suggestions. The picture looks fine in the main
    > screen. When it goes to print the redness takes over
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chuck T

    Suggest you use Adobe's screen calibration function to match your screen
    to your printer.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Feb 22, 2005
  5. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:13:48 GMT, "bmoag" <>
    wrote:

    >See above: you are applying color management twice. This is a complex topic
    >and Canon nearly cripples their otherwise very capable printers with color
    >management procedures that are non-intuitive and, compared to Epson drivers,
    >just not very good. Contact Canon for instructions on how to set up your
    >printer drivers as this may not be adequately covered in the instruction
    >manual.

    What's so difficult with Canon printers? In Printing Preferences/Main
    choose Manual for Color Adjustment. Check the box to enable ICM if you
    so desire.

    Oliver Costich, Feb 22, 2005
  6. Markeau Guest

    In PE3 Print Preview, what do you have set for Print Space > Profile ?
    If you have ICM enabled in the Printer Driver, then in the Print Space

    Markeau, Feb 23, 2005
  7. Markeau Guest

    Markeau, Feb 23, 2005