    Adobe Photoshop Elements looks very good--just takes a long time to
    load because of all the plugins I have. Any opinions from other users?
    Pat
    Patetc, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Patetc

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Already asked and answered :)

    Phil Wheeler, Dec 6, 2004

  3. "Phil Wheeler" <> wrote in message
    > Already asked and answered :)
    >
    > Patetc wrote:
    >
    >> I just got this program and it appears to have all the same
    >> features as
    >> Adobe Photoshop Album, which I also have. Do I really need both?
    >>
    >> Adobe Photoshop Elements looks very good--just takes a long time to
    >> load because of all the plugins I have. Any opinions from other
    >> users?
    >> Pat

    It's tediously slow (up to a factor of 2) to open with no added
    plug-ins compared with Elements 1 tho' it depends on the file size
    when opened to edit a picture. I have 256MB of RAM but I wonder if
    getting some more memory might help?

    --
    James V. Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland, USA
    James Silverton, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Patetc

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    James Silverton wrote:

    > It's tediously slow (up to a factor of 2) to open with no added
    > plug-ins compared with Elements 1 tho' it depends on the file size when
    > opened to edit a picture. I have 256MB of RAM but I wonder if getting
    > some more memory might help?

    Likely. The way they design their products, you would think Adobe is in
    the memory business!

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Dec 6, 2004