    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Joseph Meehan

    Himm Guest

    Joseph Meehan wrote:
    > I just received a notice for upgrade.

    i have it, its a complete overhaul, adding the photo album program built in.

    Himm, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Himm wrote:
    > Joseph Meehan wrote:
    >> I just received a notice for upgrade.
    >>

    > i have it, its a complete overhaul, adding the photo album program built
    > in.

    That could be convenient.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Nov 12, 2004
  4. Joseph Meehan

    John Doe Guest

    It would be if Adobe Album was worth a crap. You get many more than 1000
    pictures in the thing and it chokes.

    John

    John Doe, Nov 12, 2004
  5. John Doe wrote:
    > It would be if Adobe Album was worth a crap. You get many more than 1000
    > pictures in the thing and it chokes.

    Maybe you feel you have over 1000 images worth putting in an Album, but
    I don't think I have anywhere close to that. Maybe you are better or maybe
    I am more selective. :)

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Nov 12, 2004
  6. Art Salmons wrote:
    > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    >> Himm wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> i have it, its a complete overhaul, adding the photo album program built
    >>> in.

    >> That could be convenient.

    > What does it cost for the upgrade?
    > Art

    I just looked. It seems to be about $60 after the rebate.

    I'll have to look at the changes and consider it later.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Nov 12, 2004
  7. Joseph Meehan

    Art Salmons Guest

    Art Salmons, Nov 12, 2004
  8. Joseph Meehan

    Dave Guest

    I have over 2300 in the Organizer and it works fine.

    Dave

    Dave, Nov 13, 2004
  9. Joseph Meehan

    John Doe Guest

    Oh I am sure I am better. 8^) No joking aside you must not use your camera
    much. I have about 70,000 images from digital cameras dating back to the
    Olympus D300L.

    John Doe, Nov 13, 2004
  10. Joseph Meehan wrote:
    > Art Salmons wrote:
    >> "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message

    >>> That could be convenient.

    >> What does it cost for the upgrade?
    >> Art

    > I just looked. It seems to be about $60 after the rebate.

    Rechecked that. I think I deducted the rebate twice. It appears to be
    about $100 without rebate and a $20 rebate for upgrades. I am still not
    sure.

    Joseph Meehan, Nov 13, 2004
  11. Joseph Meehan

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    John Doe wrote:

    > Oh I am sure I am better. 8^) No joking aside you must not use your camera
    > much. I have about 70,000 images from digital cameras dating back to the
    > Olympus D300L.

    300L is where I started, too. Good images, but that was many digicams
    (and $$$) ago.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Nov 13, 2004
  12. Joseph Meehan

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    I bouight PSE 3.0 via Amazon. Seems like it was abt $50 net after two
    rebates at the time.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Nov 13, 2004
  13. Phil Wheeler wrote:
    > I bouight PSE 3.0 via Amazon. Seems like it was abt $50 net after two
    > rebates at the time.

    I'll take a look. Thanks

    Joseph Meehan, Nov 13, 2004
  14. "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    > Phil Wheeler wrote:
    >> I bouight PSE 3.0 via Amazon. Seems like it was abt $50 net after
    >> two
    >> rebates at the time.
    >>

    > I'll take a look. Thanks
    >
    >> Phil
    >>
    >> Joseph Meehan wrote:

    I'll have to look at the changes and consider it later.

    > --
    > Joseph E. Meehan
    >
    > 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    I bought Elements 3 by the same route. However, I missed it or Amazon
    did not make clear that Adobe's share of the rebate was for an
    "upgrade" and a registered copy of an earlier version was necessary.
    [Perhaps, some "Irish math" here too (g). ] Fortunately, I did
    register my copy of Elements 1 and I am now awaiting the money.

    I have seen some comments that version 3 is slower to load than
    version 1 and I think that is true with 25% to 80% longer times. The
    measurements are not completely consistent but seem to depend on size
    when JPEG images are opened using the different versions: the bigger
    the longer! Perhaps, I should increase the memory on my machine tho'
    it seems adequate for most purposes.

    --
    James V. Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland, USA

    James Silverton, Nov 13, 2004
  15. Joseph Meehan

    John Doe Guest

    Yes. I think I have had about 10 cameras since that one got me hooked. Oh,
    they good old days before mega-pixels. What were we thinking? :)

    John

    John Doe, Nov 16, 2004