    P4 3ghz
    Intel board
    , Jan 28, 2006

  2. samuel Guest

    wrote in
    news:eek::

    "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run"

    > My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't
    > come up.

    ever think about asking the question in the body of the message and
    at a photoshop group ??

    > It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message,
    > and quits.

    the EXACT message will help

    samuel, Jan 29, 2006

  3. Guest

    On 29 Jan 2006 02:56:45 GMT, samuel <> wrote:

    > wrote in
    >

    >"Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run"
    >
    >> My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't
    >> come up.

    >ever think about asking the question in the body of the message and
    >at a photoshop group ??

    People at Photoshop groups aren't computer techs.

    >> It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message,
    >> and quits.

    >the EXACT message will help

    Is not my machine, so I don't know the exact message... but it is a memory
    thing.

    >> He has 512 ram, but another weird thing, properties of
    >> MyComputer reports 504m, not 512...
    >>
    >> Could there be a memory failure?
    >>
    >> Re deleted and reinstalled it...
    >>
    >> His machine:
    >>
    >> Win XP media edition
    >> P4 3ghz
    >> Intel board

    , Jan 29, 2006
  4. samuel Guest

    wrote in

    > On 29 Jan 2006 02:56:45 GMT, samuel <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in
    >>

    >>"Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run"
    >>
    >>> My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it
    >>> won't come up.

    >>ever think about asking the question in the body of the
    >>message and at a photoshop group ??

    > People at Photoshop groups aren't computer techs.

    And everyone here is ??

    >>> It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such
    >>> message, and quits.

    >>the EXACT message will help

    > Is not my machine, so I don't know the exact message... but it
    > is a memory thing.

    his or the machines ?

    did you ask at a XP group ?

    samuel, Jan 29, 2006
  5. wrote:

    > My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't come up.
    >
    > It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message, and quits.

    Maybe (crystal ball) the message states "virtual memory" AKA swapspace, or
    you have to give a path to temp filespace, which is writeable by the user
    and big enough.

    > He has 512 ram, but another weird thing, properties of MyComputer reports
    > 504m, not 512...

    8 MB consumed by a low-end onboard graphic, most probably. Not much fun with
    photoshop.

    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Jan 29, 2006
  6. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't come up.
    >
    > It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message, and quits.

    You need 1 gig ram for photoshop these days. If you doubt me, see the
    photoshop experts here:
    http://www.22pixels.com/

    Post a message to the site owner, aka Switch.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 29, 2006
  7. Guest

    On 29 Jan 2006 05:54:56 GMT, samuel <> wrote:

    > wrote in
    >
    >> On 29 Jan 2006 02:56:45 GMT, samuel <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> wrote in
    >>>

    >>>"Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run"

    >>>ever think about asking the question in the body of the
    >>>message and at a photoshop group ??

    >> People at Photoshop groups aren't computer techs.

    >And everyone here is ??

    LOL! Of COURSE they are!! Aren't they?

    >>>the EXACT message will help

    >> Is not my machine, so I don't know the exact message... but it
    >> is a memory thing.

    >his or the machines ?

    Probably both... he is 62 and doesn't always say the right thing... he gets the
    HD and ram confused...

    >did you ask at a XP group ?

    Nah, I was just curious why it would suddenly stop after 6 months... he's taking
    it back to the store to get more ram.

    Thanks anyway.

    , Jan 30, 2006
  8. Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 10:14:56 +0100, Walter Mautner
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >

    >> My friend has been using it for awhile, and suddenly it won't come up.
    >>
    >> It says 'not enough memory to initialize or some such message, and quits.
    >>

    >Maybe (crystal ball) the message states "virtual memory" AKA swapspace, or
    >you have to give a path to temp filespace, which is writeable by the user
    >and big enough.

    It didn't say virtual, I know that... Weird thing is it ran for 6 months...

    Oh well...

    >> He has 512 ram, but another weird thing, properties of MyComputer reports
    >> 504m, not 512...
    >>

    >8 MB consumed by a low-end onboard graphic, most probably. Not much fun with
    >photoshop.

    , Jan 30, 2006
  9. Re: Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 won't run

    Plato wrote:

    wrote:

    >You need 1 gig ram for photoshop these days. If you doubt me, see the
    >photoshop experts here:
    >http://www.22pixels.com/
    >
    >Post a message to the site owner, aka Switch.

    But what are the chances that me doubt you?
    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006