    How do I move just the text? I have done this in the past, but can't
    seem to figure out just how I did it.

    , Dec 8, 2004

  2. Mark² Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Using Adobe Photo Deluxe Business Edition, I clicked the T to add text
    > to a photo. It appeared in the center of the photo, but I want it at the
    > bottom. How do I move the text to the bottom?
    >
    > I clicked the ? for help and followed the instructions, but couldn't
    > move the text.
    >
    > A section of the photo behind the text moved, leaving a white blank area
    > behind the text, but the text remained in the center of the photo.
    >
    > How do I move just the text? I have done this in the past, but can't
    > seem to figure out just how I did it.

    I don't have that program, but I suspect you must immediately drag the text
    where you want it...before clicking anywhere else within the photo. Many of
    these programs will assume you're done moving it when/if you click anywhere
    else.

    Mark², Dec 8, 2004

  3. Charles Guest

    On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 01:34:32 -0500, wrote:

    >Using Adobe Photo Deluxe Business Edition, I clicked the T to add text
    >to a photo. It appeared in the center of the photo, but I want it at the
    >bottom. How do I move the text to the bottom?
    >
    >I clicked the ? for help and followed the instructions, but couldn't
    >move the text.
    >
    >A section of the photo behind the text moved, leaving a white blank area
    >behind the text, but the text remained in the center of the photo.
    >
    >How do I move just the text? I have done this in the past, but can't
    >seem to figure out just how I did it.

    Without knowing what I'm talking about, put it on a separate layer.

    --

    - Charles
    -

    Charles, Dec 8, 2004
  4. Bill Hilton Guest

    >Using Adobe Photo Deluxe Business Edition, I clicked the T to add text
    >to a photo. It appeared in the center of the photo, but I want it at the
    >bottom. How do I move the text to the bottom?

    I haven't used this program but in Photoshop the text would be on a separate
    layer so you'd select that layer, type V to get the Move tool and move that
    layer where you want it.

    >I clicked the ? for help and followed the instructions, but couldn't
    >move the text.
    >
    >A section of the photo behind the text moved, leaving a white blank area
    >behind the text, but the text remained in the center of the photo.

    Sounds like you are using the move tool but are on the wrong layer?

    Bill Hilton, Dec 8, 2004
  5. Crownfield Guest

    wrote:

    > Using Adobe Photo Deluxe Business Edition, I clicked the T to add text
    > to a photo. It appeared in the center of the photo, but I want it at the
    > bottom. How do I move the text to the bottom?

    in PaintShopPro, put the text on a new layer,
    select that layer, and move it where you want it to be.

    incredibly simple.

    Crownfield, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Crownfield wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>Using Adobe Photo Deluxe Business Edition, I clicked the T to add text
    >>to a photo. It appeared in the center of the photo, but I want it at the
    >>bottom. How do I move the text to the bottom?

    > in PaintShopPro, put the text on a new layer,
    > select that layer, and move it where you want it to be.
    >
    > incredibly simple.

    Except it's not simple to use PSP when you're working in Photo Deluxe.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 9, 2004
  7. Crownfield Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:

    > Crownfield wrote:
    >
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>Using Adobe Photo Deluxe Business Edition, I clicked the T to add text
    > >>to a photo. It appeared in the center of the photo, but I want it at the
    > >>bottom. How do I move the text to the bottom?

    > > in PaintShopPro, put the text on a new layer,
    > > select that layer, and move it where you want it to be.
    > >
    > > incredibly simple.
    > >

    > Except it's not simple to use PSP when you're working in Photo Deluxe.

    perhaps the conclusion is that PD is the wrong tool.

    Crownfield, Dec 10, 2004
  8. Crownfield wrote:

    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    >>Crownfield wrote:

    >>>in PaintShopPro, put the text on a new layer,
    >>>select that layer, and move it where you want it to be.
    >>>
    >>>incredibly simple.
    >>>

    >>Except it's not simple to use PSP when you're working in Photo Deluxe.

    > perhaps the conclusion is that PD is the wrong tool.

    P'raps. Better would be PS Elements, and better still, PS CS.

    However, you posted this right following the only correct answer in the
    thread, and it *appears* to only tout PSP.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 10, 2004
  9. Crownfield Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:

    > Crownfield wrote:
    >
    > > John McWilliams wrote:

    > >>Except it's not simple to use PSP when you're working in Photo Deluxe.

    > > perhaps the conclusion is that PD is the wrong tool.
    > >

    > P'raps. Better would be PS Elements, and better still, PS CS.
    >
    > However, you posted this right following the only correct answer in the
    > thread, and it *appears* to only tout PSP.

    if that was the answer
    that you can only move it right after you place it,
    then that product was not very powerful or flexible.

    i bought PSP because it gave me more power for less money,
    and so far, does more than I ask of it. other than being a user,
    i have no benefit no matter which choice he makes.

    he may.

    Crownfield, Dec 11, 2004
  10. Crownfield wrote:

    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    >>Crownfield wrote:

    >>>perhaps the conclusion is that PD is the wrong tool.
    >>>

    >>P'raps. Better would be PS Elements, and better still, PS CS.
    >>
    >>However, you posted this right following the only correct answer in the
    >>thread, and it *appears* to only tout PSP.

    > if that was the answer
    > that you can only move it right after you place it,
    > then that product was not very powerful or flexible.

    Er, that was not the answer, certainly not the correct one.
    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 11, 2004
  11. Crownfield Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:

    > Crownfield wrote:
    >
    > > John McWilliams wrote:

    > >>P'raps. Better would be PS Elements, and better still, PS CS.
    > >>
    > >>However, you posted this right following the only correct answer in the
    > >>thread, and it *appears* to only tout PSP.

    > > if that was the answer
    > > that you can only move it right after you place it,
    > > then that product was not very powerful or flexible.

    > Er, that was not the answer, certainly not the correct one.

    thank you for the correction.
    i do not use PD.

    Crownfield, Dec 11, 2004