    is 120GB of which only about 7GB is used.

    Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

    Rusi

    Rusi, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Rusi

    °Mike° Guest

    Error "Scratch disk is full" When Editing an Image in
    PhotoDeluxe 3.x and Later for Windows
    http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2f026.htm

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:25:39 -0400, in
    <>
    Rusi scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 11, 2003

  3. Rusi

    nemo Guest

    Re: Adobe Photo Deluxe - sensible answer :eek:)

    Rusi <> wrote in message
    > I cannot open Adobe Photo Deluxe. I get the following message:
    >
    > "Could not initialize Adobe Photo Deluxe because the primary scratch disk

    is
    > full. We suggest you free some space on your scratch drive before
    > continuing."
    >
    > What is a scratch disk?

    It's a temporary file a program puts on your HD to store whatever it's
    working on and bits of the program it's not currently using that there isn't
    room for in memory.

    Windoze uses one as well but it calls it a swap file and it looks like this:
    WIN386.SWP

    These are by default on your C:\ drive with all your other stuff and can
    fill it up surprisingly quickly.

    I have WindowsXP and the capacity of my hard drive
    > is 120GB of which only about 7GB is used.
    >
    > Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Rusi

    Odd with such a large HD. Is your Primary Drive a small partition of this?

    I don't know Photo Deluxe, but if there's an Option or Preference which
    allows you to relocate the program's scratch disk, put it in a partition
    other than C:\ and make sure the partition has always got about 300M free in
    it. Shouldn't be difficult :eek:).

    My scratchdisk for Photoshop 6 is in D:\ and I always make sure there's at
    least half a gig free there.

    Also, If Photo Deluxe has crashed on you a few times, the old scratchdisk
    files might still be there, taking up space.

    In Photoshop, the filenames look like this: ~PST2657.tmp Should look
    similar.

    I've only got a 6.8G HD in three partitions so I have to be careful of this.
    (Don't laugh! It was a lot in 1997!!)

    How much of your 7GB is files and how much is programs? I have read recently
    that if you have much more than 7 or 8 GB of programs on your HD this can
    upset Windows. I think it was in Computer Shopper magazine, so it might be
    Windows that's causing it. If there are any programs on there that you never
    use, remove them.

    If that doesn't cure the trouble, get on to Adobe.

    You could also try asking about this on

    Hope this helps and good luck. And do save up for Photoshop. It's well worth
    it.

    Nemo
    nemo, Aug 15, 2003