    Scott Blanch Guest

    I have been trying to reinstall Adobe PhotoDelux 4.0 into my p.c (Dell P3 win XP )but I just get this message; C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS Microsoft Windows applications. choose close to terminate the application.
    I then get 2 buttons to choose from "Close" or "Ignore". Both buttons closes the install. I have had this program installed previously with no dramas. I get the same message when trying to install Serif photo plus 6. Any Ideas anyone?

    Scott Blanch, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Scott Blanch

    Bob Williams Guest

    Scott Blanch wrote:
    > I have been trying to reinstall Adobe PhotoDelux 4.0 into my p.c (Dell
    > P3 win XP )but I just get this message; C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
    > the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS Microsoft Windows
    > applications. choose close to terminate the application.
    > I then get 2 buttons to choose from "Close" or "Ignore". Both buttons
    > closes the install. I have had this program installed previously with
    > no dramas. I get the same message when trying to install Serif photo
    > plus 6. Any Ideas anyone?

    Photo Deluxe 4.0 is a very old program that worked well on DOS-based
    systems like Win 95,98, ME but perhaps it is incompatible with Win Xp
    which is not DOS-based. By today's standards Photo Deluxe 4.0 is lame.
    I'd suggest you get a copy of Photoshop Elements 2.0 or wait a month or
    so for PS Elements 3.0. Elements is very powerful and has all of the
    features a novice needs.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Sep 27, 2004

  3. Scott Blanch