    I'm in the process of switching over to an Apple, and would of course
    love to start with a download of Lightroom. Am I wrong in believing it
    has been released?
    Richard Smith, Feb 4, 2007

  2. Richard Smith

    Hal Lowe Guest

    On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:27:35 -0500, Richard Smith
    <> wrote:

    >I'm one of those lucky folks (I think) who qualifies for a free
    >version of Lightroom 1.0 because I had purchased RawShooter just
    >before Adobe bought it. I thought I read somewhere that Adobe had
    >finally released it, yet all I find on their site is the beta version.
    >I'm in the process of switching over to an Apple, and would of course
    >love to start with a download of Lightroom. Am I wrong in believing it
    >has been released?

    Here's a link to the release (on the Adobe Web site):

    http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

    Hal Lowe

    http://www.cafepress.com/halogos (unique logo t-shirts, mugs & more)
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/photo.html (digiPhoto)
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/music.html (Music Central)
    http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=7391019 (web hosting)
    http://www.halowe-graphics.com/tinc?key=0TmhZVQ5&formname=web_email
    Hal Lowe, Feb 4, 2007

  3. Richard Smith wrote:
    > I'm one of those lucky folks (I think) who qualifies for a free
    > version of Lightroom 1.0 because I had purchased RawShooter just
    > before Adobe bought it. I thought I read somewhere that Adobe had
    > finally released it, yet all I find on their site is the beta version.
    > I'm in the process of switching over to an Apple, and would of course
    > love to start with a download of Lightroom. Am I wrong in believing it
    > has been released?

    The release date, Feb 19th has been announced. I, too, believe you are
    fortunate. I'll have to pay, but pay I will; it's a good application and
    with time may reach greatness.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Feb 4, 2007
  4. Richard Smith

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <>, Richard Smith
    <> wrote:

    > I'm one of those lucky folks (I think) who qualifies for a free
    > version of Lightroom 1.0 because I had purchased RawShooter just
    > before Adobe bought it. I thought I read somewhere that Adobe had
    > finally released it, yet all I find on their site is the beta version.
    > I'm in the process of switching over to an Apple, and would of course
    > love to start with a download of Lightroom. Am I wrong in believing it
    > has been released?

    Not yet. April 30th, IIRC.

    If you're switching to Apple, you might like Aperture much better.
    Give their free trial a chance. I've used both, and the choice is
    clear to me, even if I were to have the opportunity to get LR free.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Feb 4, 2007
  5. Richard Smith

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <>, Hal Lowe
    <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:27:35 -0500, Richard Smith
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm one of those lucky folks (I think) who qualifies for a free
    > >version of Lightroom 1.0 because I had purchased RawShooter just
    > >before Adobe bought it. I thought I read somewhere that Adobe had
    > >finally released it, yet all I find on their site is the beta version.
    > >I'm in the process of switching over to an Apple, and would of course
    > >love to start with a download of Lightroom. Am I wrong in believing it
    > >has been released?

    > Here's a link to the release (on the Adobe Web site):
    >
    > http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

    Ah.

    <Emily Litella voice>
    "Nevermind"
    </voice>

    Ignore my recollecions on my previous post, then - it was the fact that
    it is /discounted/ until April 30th that stuck in my mind.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Feb 4, 2007
  6. Ken Lucke wrote:
    > In article <>, Hal Lowe
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:27:35 -0500, Richard Smith
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm one of those lucky folks (I think) who qualifies for a free
    >>> version of Lightroom 1.0 because I had purchased RawShooter just
    >>> before Adobe bought it. I thought I read somewhere that Adobe had
    >>> finally released it, yet all I find on their site is the beta version.
    >>> I'm in the process of switching over to an Apple, and would of course
    >>> love to start with a download of Lightroom. Am I wrong in believing it
    >>> has been released?

    >> Here's a link to the release (on the Adobe Web site):
    >>
    >> http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

    > Ignore my recollecions on my previous post, then - it was the fact that
    > it is /discounted/ until April 30th that stuck in my mind.

    Also, ignore Ken's reommendation of Aperture over LR!

    <s>

    Seriously, both are fine products, and I wouldn't judge LR until at
    least v.1. I've worked with 3 of the betas, and the improvements I have
    read about in the first release are many.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Feb 4, 2007
  7. Richard Smith

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <>, John
    McWilliams <> wrote:

    > Ken Lucke wrote:
    > > In article <>, Hal Lowe
    > > <> wrote:

    > >> Here's a link to the release (on the Adobe Web site):
    > >>
    > >> http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

    > > Ignore my recollecions on my previous post, then - it was the fact that
    > > it is /discounted/ until April 30th that stuck in my mind.

    > Also, ignore Ken's reommendation of Aperture over LR!
    >
    > <s>

    <Foghorn Leghorn voice>
    Suh, ah say, Suh, them's fightin' words... draw your sword....
    </Foghorn>

    Actually, he's right, they're both good. But, after using both, I'll
    defend my choice of Aperture's strengths and features any day. And, as
    you said you are moving to an Apple platform, there's sense in using an
    Apple-specific program, especially when it's better.

    Bottom line is, as I said, try both. Apple's got a free trial version,
    so it can't cost you anything.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard
    Ken Lucke, Feb 4, 2007
  8. Ken Lucke wrote:
    > In article <>, John
    > McWilliams <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ken Lucke wrote:

    >>> Ignore my recollecions on my previous post, then - it was the fact that
    >>> it is /discounted/ until April 30th that stuck in my mind.

    >> Also, ignore Ken's reommendation of Aperture over LR!
    >>
    >> <s>

    > <Foghorn Leghorn voice>
    > Suh, ah say, Suh, them's fightin' words... draw your sword....
    > </Foghorn>
    >

    > Actually, he's right, they're both good. But, after using both, I'll
    > defend my choice of Aperture's strengths and features any day. And, as
    > you said you are moving to an Apple platform, there's sense in using an
    > Apple-specific program, especially when it's better.
    >
    > Bottom line is, as I said, try both. Apple's got a free trial version,
    > so it can't cost you anything.

    Ahs say, Suh, you neglect to mention LR does, too. Adobe.com

    jpmcw
    John McWilliams, Feb 4, 2007
  9. Richard Smith <> wrote:
    > I'm one of those lucky folks (I think) who qualifies for a free
    > version of Lightroom 1.0 because I had purchased RawShooter just
    > before Adobe bought it. I thought I read somewhere that Adobe had
    > finally released it, yet all I find on their site is the beta version.
    > I'm in the process of switching over to an Apple, and would of course
    > love to start with a download of Lightroom. Am I wrong in believing it
    > has been released?

    Yes, I called them about the upgrade and they didn't have a clue what I was
    talking about. Further, they didn't even have the bits to accept an order had
    I been spending money. What a disorganized bunch of louts.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Feb 5, 2007
  10. Ken Lucke <> wrote:

    > Not yet. April 30th, IIRC.
    >
    > If you're switching to Apple, you might like Aperture much better.
    > Give their free trial a chance. I've used both, and the choice is
    > clear to me, even if I were to have the opportunity to get LR free.

    It is supposed to be available right now.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Feb 5, 2007
  11. Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > Richard Smith <> wrote:
    >> I'm one of those lucky folks (I think) who qualifies for a free
    >> version of Lightroom 1.0 because I had purchased RawShooter just
    >> before Adobe bought it. I thought I read somewhere that Adobe had
    >> finally released it, yet all I find on their site is the beta version.
    >> I'm in the process of switching over to an Apple, and would of course
    >> love to start with a download of Lightroom. Am I wrong in believing it
    >> has been released?

    > Yes, I called them about the upgrade and they didn't have a clue what I was
    > talking about. Further, they didn't even have the bits to accept an order had
    > I been spending money. What a disorganized bunch of louts.

    Had you read this thread in full, you'd have known that it isn't
    shipping yet. If you are that unhappy, you might be able to sell your
    license.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Feb 5, 2007
  12. John McWilliams <> wrote:

    > Had you read this thread in full, you'd have known that it isn't
    > shipping yet. If you are that unhappy, you might be able to sell your
    > license.

    Their website indicates you can order it now for $199. It doesn't say
    anything at all about delayed shipping.

    As far as being unhappy, I am simply unhappy with their LOS.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Feb 5, 2007
  13. Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > John McWilliams <> wrote:
    >> Had you read this thread in full, you'd have known that it isn't
    >> shipping yet. If you are that unhappy, you might be able to sell your
    >> license.

    > Their website indicates you can order it now for $199. It doesn't say
    > anything at all about delayed shipping.
    >
    > As far as being unhappy, I am simply unhappy with their LOS.

    There is a lot of info out there, and the release date is hardly a secret.

    LOS? TOS? What are you unhappy about if it's the latter. If former, what
    does that mean?

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Feb 5, 2007
  14. John McWilliams <> wrote:
    > Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    >> John McWilliams <> wrote:
    >>> Had you read this thread in full, you'd have known that it isn't
    >>> shipping yet. If you are that unhappy, you might be able to sell your
    >>> license.

    >> Their website indicates you can order it now for $199. It doesn't say
    >> anything at all about delayed shipping.
    >>
    >> As far as being unhappy, I am simply unhappy with their LOS.

    > There is a lot of info out there, and the release date is hardly a secret.
    >
    > LOS? TOS? What are you unhappy about if it's the latter. If former, what
    > does that mean?

    LOS = "Level Of Service".

    When you call up the sales number that they post on the Lightroom site, their
    CSRs do not know anything and, in fact, are quite clueless about the lightroom
    release itself little enough the fact that their is a free upgrade for RSP
    owners. They should at least be trained to field calls that are directed to
    them from their own website.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Feb 5, 2007
  15. Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > John McWilliams <> wrote:
    >> Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    >>> Their website indicates you can order it now for $199. It doesn't say
    >>> anything at all about delayed shipping.
    >>>
    >>> As far as being unhappy, I am simply unhappy with their LOS.

    >> There is a lot of info out there, and the release date is hardly a secret.
    >>
    >> LOS? TOS? What are you unhappy about if it's the latter. If former, what
    >> does that mean?
    >>

    > LOS = "Level Of Service".
    >
    > When you call up the sales number that they post on the Lightroom site, their
    > CSRs do not know anything and, in fact, are quite clueless about the lightroom
    > release itself little enough the fact that their is a free upgrade for RSP
    > owners. They should at least be trained to field calls that are directed to
    > them from their own website.

    Agreed.

    You are aware that there'll be a 30 day trial of LR that should be
    available on or shortly after the 19th?

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Feb 5, 2007
  16. John McWilliams <> wrote:
    > Agreed.
    >
    > You are aware that there'll be a 30 day trial of LR that should be
    > available on or shortly after the 19th?

    Standard Adobe practice. As long as they get me a key prior to that 30 day
    expiration, I will be happy, as they have already promised this to us in
    writing [via the pixmatic website].

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Feb 5, 2007