    What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
    around £150.

    I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped off.
    brother, Sep 16, 2007

  2. brother

    ray Guest

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:37:35 +0100, brother wrote:

    > The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
    > is £211.62p
    > If they send it on disc it is £205.62p
    >
    > What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?
    >
    > What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
    > around £150.
    >
    > I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped off.

    So, have you tried GIMP?
    ray, Sep 16, 2007

  3. brother

    Pete D Guest

    "ray" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:37:35 +0100, brother wrote:
    >
    >> The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
    >> is £211.62p
    >> If they send it on disc it is £205.62p
    >>
    >> What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?
    >>
    >> What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
    >> around £150.
    >>
    >> I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped
    >> off.

    > So, have you tried GIMP?

    Many have and have found it wanting, I know I have!
    Pete D, Sep 16, 2007
  4. brother

    Pete D Guest

    "ray" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:37:35 +0100, brother wrote:
    >
    >> The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
    >> is £211.62p
    >> If they send it on disc it is £205.62p
    >>
    >> What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?
    >>
    >> What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
    >> around £150.
    >>
    >> I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped
    >> off.

    > So, have you tried GIMP?

    Gimp is not a replacement for LR.
    Pete D, Sep 16, 2007
  5. brother

    ray Guest

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 06:34:01 +1000, Pete D wrote:

    > "ray" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:37:35 +0100, brother wrote:
    >>
    >>> The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
    >>> is £211.62p
    >>> If they send it on disc it is £205.62p
    >>>
    >>> What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?
    >>>
    >>> What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
    >>> around £150.
    >>>
    >>> I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped
    >>> off.

    >> So, have you tried GIMP?
    >>

    > Many have and have found it wanting, I know I have!

    Exactly why I suggested trying it rather than recommend it as a
    replacement. You don't know until you try. It fits my rather modest needs.
    ray, Sep 17, 2007
  6. brother

    ScrewAdobe Guest

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:37:35 +0100, brother <> wrote:

    >The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
    >is £211.62p
    >If they send it on disc it is £205.62p
    >
    >What's all that about? Why is it more expensive to purchase the download?
    >
    >What gets me upset is the download price from America is $299 which is
    >around £150.
    >
    > I've tried the demo and like it very much but I hate getting ripped off.

    Then use RAW Therapee from www.rawtherapee.com It's only $5 donation-ware, and
    does more and does it WAY better than Lightroom.
    ScrewAdobe, Sep 17, 2007
  7. brother

    deryck lant Guest

    The message <>
    from brother <> contains these words:

    > The cost of the Adobe Lightroom download from the official UK Abobe shop
    > is £211.62p
    > If they send it on disc it is £205.62p

    £159.98 Amazon.co.uk

    Deryck