    Thank you,

    George

    , Nov 13, 2006

  2. bmoag Guest

    I see it as a useful studio type tool: for batches of images made under
    identical conditions requiring minimal processing.
    I suppose it can be used as an alternative raw converter as well.
    I am not sure about its value as a stand alone program, particulary at Adobe
    "profesional" prices (Photoshop and Windows are the two most overpriced mass
    market computer programs on earth, and Microsoft has already settled
    lawsuits over the price of Windows), and I suspect Adobe has its doubts as
    well, hence the prolonged public beta.
    Fundamentally Lightroom is simply an alternative to Bridge, and probably
    should be included in CS3 as such.

    bmoag, Nov 13, 2006

  3. Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Still too much missing and it doesn't look like they will get it in before
    they ship. They have beta 5 but there is every indication that it will not
    be released that beta 5 will be internal to Adobe only and then to 1.0 final
    release. Unless they expand and improve what they have Lightroom 1.0 will be
    DOA.

    Hebee Jeebes, Nov 13, 2006
  4. Guest Guest

    I don't see anjy need for it.
    Old Bob (set in his ways)

    Guest, Nov 13, 2006
  5. Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Well, if they got the features in it that it needs. It would be one of the
    best way to processing images especially RAW. I find it to be better for
    that than any program I have used. But, it is missing too much. Versions,
    Stacks, noise reduction, sharpening, flexible print layout abilities,
    watermarking, lens distortion correction and more. For some of these they
    have the basics, but that isn't good enough. Not for version 1.0 and if they
    don't include these in version 1.0, then I for one will never buy the
    product.

    Funny that they did a public beta and then pretty much ignore what the
    public wanted. Like dropping the database and going to drive directory tree
    structure.

    Hebee Jeebes, Nov 13, 2006