    impersonating Adobe?

    I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on a HP Pavilion.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Jun 18, 2011

  2. ChrisCoaster banged his head on his keyboard to write :
    > Once to twice a week a pretty authentic looking box pops up on my
    > screen prompting me to install the latest updates to Adobe Flash
    > Player. Is this frequency of updates normal? Or is something
    > impersonating Adobe?
    >
    > I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on a HP Pavilion.
    >
    > -CC

    How long has this been going on for you?
    Adobe just released a couple back-to-back sets of updates recently, but
    I haven't seen much before that.

    --
    -There are some who call me...
    Jim

    "What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean
    that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel
    good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
    -Gandalf, after Bilbo Baggins says "Good Morning"

    James D Andrews, Jun 18, 2011

  3. ChrisCoaster

    Paul Guest

    ChrisCoaster wrote:
    > Once to twice a week a pretty authentic looking box pops up on my
    > screen prompting me to install the latest updates to Adobe Flash
    > Player. Is this frequency of updates normal? Or is something
    > impersonating Adobe?
    >
    > I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on a HP Pavilion.
    >
    > -CC

    Adobe has so many updates, they can't even number them
    properly any more :) (They may have different release numbers,
    for different OSes.)

    Yes, I get to see that dialog here too. But not twice a week though.

    I'm still waiting for the latest package to show up on
    their archive site, before I grab it.

    As for "when" the update shows up, something seems to trigger
    it, and it isn't just a reboot. I only have Flash loaded
    in Internet Explorer, and I don't use IE regularly (I use
    Firefox, without Flash, instead). I might find out about
    the need to update, some number of days after its release.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 18, 2011
  4. ChrisCoaster

    Kele Guest

    True, I had two in the last week. Before that it's been a couple three
    months since an update. I have not found the updater to stop it; anyone
    know where it hides?

    XP/IE7

    Kele, Jun 19, 2011
  5. ChrisCoaster

    Seum Guest

    James D Andrews wrote:
    > ChrisCoaster banged his head on his keyboard to write :
    >> Once to twice a week a pretty authentic looking box pops up on my
    >> screen prompting me to install the latest updates to Adobe Flash
    >> Player. Is this frequency of updates normal? Or is something
    >> impersonating Adobe?
    >>
    >> I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 on a HP Pavilion.
    >>
    >> -CC

    > How long has this been going on for you?
    > Adobe just released a couple back-to-back sets of updates recently, but
    > I haven't seen much before that.

    I got 2 updates today within a few minutes and I believe they were the same.

    Seum, Jun 20, 2011