    Graham Guest

    After running Adobe Gamma should the monitor contrast & brightness
    settings always be left as they were in that program?
    Graham, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Graham

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Graham"

    >After running Adobe Gamma should the monitor contrast & brightness
    >settings always be left as they were in that program?

    Yes, until you run it again, like in a month or so.
    Bill Hilton, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Graham

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    I wouldn't set the contrast where Adobe recommends in the first place.
    Besides making it very hard to calibrate the monitor it is not good for your
    eyes.
    Blatner and Frasier in thier book "Real World Photoshop" recommend
    starting with the contrast and brightness set where you find it comfortable
    under your usual woring lighting. AND LEAVE THEM THERE! Then run Adobe
    Gamma.
    They also recommend a colour temp of 6500k instead of the 5000k
    recommended by most people. This is because monitors end up looking far too
    yellow at 5000k - much more yellow than a picture will look viewing it on a
    5000k lightbox. They say it has to do with the way the phosphors work which
    is good enough for me I've never found either a monitor or a tv set that
    looks good at 5000k.
    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto