    I need to know the settings for Outlook Express for Windows XP.

    Thanks,

    Gordo
    Gordo, Jan 11, 2008

  2. On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:49:10 GMT, "Gordo" <> wrote:

    >Could someone give me the detailed procedure to access the Photoshop
    >Elements news group in forums.adobe.com.
    >I think that is the correct forum name but it seems that I cannot access it.
    >I need to know the settings for Outlook Express for Windows XP.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Gordo

    You don't need to use the Adobe forums as the Photoshop Elements news
    groups are available with most usenet services. Three of the services
    I use carry the Photoshop Elements news groups.

    Steve

    --
    Stephen Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

    http://www.easynn.com
    Steve Wolstenholme, Jan 11, 2008

  3. Gordo

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:49:10 GMT, "Gordo" <> wrote:

    >Could someone give me the detailed procedure to access the Photoshop
    >Elements news group in forums.adobe.com.
    >I think that is the correct forum name but it seems that I cannot access it.
    >I need to know the settings for Outlook Express for Windows XP.

    It's a website, so Outlook Express is not involved. Go to the forums
    website, register for the individual forum(s), and check-off whether
    or not you want new messages emailed to you. You can read forums at
    the website, or have the new messages mailed to you and do both.

    --

    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jan 11, 2008
  4. Gordo

    John Navas Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:49:10 GMT, "Gordo" <> wrote in
    <WdMhj.4$rG.2@trndny02>:

    >Could someone give me the detailed procedure to access the Photoshop
    >Elements news group in forums.adobe.com.
    >I think that is the correct forum name but it seems that I cannot access it.

    Web interface: <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.eeb4f8b/>

    Note that FAQs are only available here (not by NNTP)!

    >I need to know the settings for Outlook Express for Windows XP.

    NNTP information: <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bca19e9>

    ... NNTP users should connect to the new forum.adobe.com NNTP server.
    Please note that the NNTP server will require that you log in using
    your Adobe ID credentials. Anonymous NNTP connections will no longer
    be available. ...

    That means (contrary to other advice posted here) you must register on
    the web first, and then create an authenticated connection to the server
    with those credentials (userid and password). Hope that helps.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas
    John Navas, Jan 11, 2008
  5. On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:50:50 GMT, John Navas
    <> wrote:

    >That means (contrary to other advice posted here) you must register on
    >the web first, and then create an authenticated connection to the server
    >with those credentials (userid and password). Hope that helps.

    The newsgroup were active when I was using them but it looks like
    Adobe have stopped supplying the servers I was using. They have not
    been update recently. Yet another server to add to my list. That will
    be 22.

    Steve

    Steve Wolstenholme, Jan 11, 2008
  6. Gordo

    John Navas Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:28:50 +0000, Steve Wolstenholme
    <> wrote in
    <>:

    >On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:50:50 GMT, John Navas
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>That means (contrary to other advice posted here) you must register on
    >>the web first, and then create an authenticated connection to the server
    >>with those credentials (userid and password). Hope that helps.

    >The newsgroup were active when I was using them but it looks like
    >Adobe have stopped supplying the servers I was using. They have not
    >been update recently. Yet another server to add to my list. That will
    >be 22.

    If you follow the link in the part of my post you snipped and read the
    material there, you'll see that Adobe changed the NNTP server name at
    the same time it started requiring authenticated connections, which only
    made sense. The new NNTP server has lots of current posts; e.g., 381
    since the beginning of the year in adobe.photoshopelements

    John Navas, Jan 11, 2008
  7. On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:20:03 GMT, John Navas
    <> wrote:

    >If you follow the link in the part of my post you snipped and read the
    >material there, you'll see that Adobe changed the NNTP server name at
    >the same time it started requiring authenticated connections, which only
    >made sense. The new NNTP server has lots of current posts; e.g., 381
    >since the beginning of the year in adobe.photoshopelements

    I wasn't using an Adobe NNTP server so I didn't include your info.
    Their forums were being propagated to other servers but now they have
    pulled the plug. I don't really know why they want to privatise their
    forums.

    Steve

    Steve Wolstenholme, Jan 12, 2008
  8. Gordo

    John Navas Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 00:28:20 +0000, Steve Wolstenholme
    <> wrote in
    <>:

    >On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:20:03 GMT, John Navas
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>If you follow the link in the part of my post you snipped and read the
    >>material there, you'll see that Adobe changed the NNTP server name at
    >>the same time it started requiring authenticated connections, which only
    >>made sense. The new NNTP server has lots of current posts; e.g., 381
    >>since the beginning of the year in adobe.photoshopelements

    >I wasn't using an Adobe NNTP server so I didn't include your info.
    >Their forums were being propagated to other servers but now they have
    >pulled the plug. I don't really know why they want to privatise their
    >forums.

    Easy -- way too much crap on Usenet.

    John Navas, Jan 12, 2008