Adobe Flash Player fixed.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Geopelia, Oct 9, 2008.

  1. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    I've been having trouble with Adobe Flash Player, and folks here have been
    helping.
    The problem was, although I kept getting the message that I had the latest
    version installed, it obviously wasn't, and so many sites kept telling me to
    install it.

    I found
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19166&sliceId=2
    , three pages of it, and printed it out.
    I expect you all know it, but it was new to me.

    But I realised it was much too complicated for me to do.

    The computer man came this morning and sorted it out, it took quite a long
    time. He says a lot of people are having trouble with this new version.
    Now the only problem is the long time it takes "buffering" or whatever, as
    I've got dialup. But at least the sites now work.

    Thanks to all for your advice.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Oct 9, 2008

  2. Geopelia

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in news:gckmku$hm9$1
    @registered.motzarella.org:

    > But I realised it was much too complicated for me to do.

    Did you even try?
    You are quite good at posting here.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Oct 9, 2008

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in news:gckmku$hm9$1
    > @registered.motzarella.org:
    >
    >> But I realised it was much too complicated for me to do.

    > Did you even try?
    > You are quite good at posting here.
    >
    > --
    > Ciao, Dave

    No, I took a look and realised I would get stuck halfway through. It wasn't
    straightforward even for the computer man, but he managed it.

    Posting isn't the same, I just type something. I don't get into the works
    and perhaps mess things up.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Oct 9, 2008
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "I Love It!" <> wrote in message
    > Geopelia wrote:
    >> I've been having trouble with Adobe Flash Player, and folks here have
    >> been helping.
    >> The problem was, although I kept getting the message that I had the
    >> latest version installed, it obviously wasn't, and so many sites kept
    >> telling me to install it.
    >>
    >> I found
    >> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19166&sliceId=2
    >> , three pages of it, and printed it out.
    >> I expect you all know it, but it was new to me.
    >>
    >> But I realised it was much too complicated for me to do.
    >>
    >> The computer man came this morning and sorted it out, it took quite a
    >> long time. He says a lot of people are having trouble with this new
    >> version. Now the only problem is the long time it takes "buffering" or
    >> whatever, as I've got dialup. But at least the sites now work.
    >>
    >> Thanks to all for your advice.

    > Now I 'told' you ages ago to get your computer man to look at it for you,
    > didn't I?
    >
    > I TOLD YOU SO! LOL

    Finding the time was the problem. There has been so much going on.
    Anyway, if I have a go first I learn a lot. But sometimes I just know I
    shouldn't rush in, myself.

    Your advice is appreciated.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Oct 9, 2008
  5. In message <gckmku$hm9$>, Geopelia wrote:

    > He says a lot of people are having trouble with this new version.

    A lot of proprietary software has got to that stage, where new versions
    cause as many problems as they were supposed to solve.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 9, 2008
  6. Geopelia

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in

    > "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> "Geopelia" <> wrote in news:gckmku$hm9$1
    >> @registered.motzarella.org:
    >>
    >>> But I realised it was much too complicated for me to do.

    >> Did you even try?
    >> You are quite good at posting here.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ciao, Dave

    > No, I took a look and realised I would get stuck halfway through. It
    > wasn't straightforward even for the computer man, but he managed it.
    >
    > Posting isn't the same, I just type something. I don't get into the
    > works and perhaps mess things up.
    >
    > Geopelia

    Fair enough, you know what works and like to keep it that way 8)

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Oct 10, 2008