Adobe crashes in F.F. way TOO OFTEN

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Gypsy, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. Gypsy

    Gypsy Guest

    Firefox 1.5
    Adobe 7.0.5

    Adobe seems to freeze often while in F.F.
    I then 3-finger-salute and endprocess Adobe,
    that then resumes F.F. usable.

    Is there an older version of either that are
    stable and compatible with each other?

    Thank you

    1024M RAM
    2.0G CPU
    WINXP-sp2

    Gypsy, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Gypsy wrote:

    > Firefox 1.5
    > Adobe 7.0.5
    >
    > Adobe seems to freeze often while in F.F.
    > I then 3-finger-salute and endprocess Adobe,
    > that then resumes F.F. usable.
    >
    > Is there an older version of either that are
    > stable and compatible with each other?
    >

    > Thank you
    >

    > 1024M RAM
    > 2.0G CPU
    > WINXP-sp2

    Are you speaking of Adobe Reader? Adobe Acrobat? Regardless, sounds as
    if its an Adobe issue, not a Firefox one.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Dec 28, 2005

  3. Gypsy

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Gypsy wrote:
    > Firefox 1.5
    > Adobe 7.0.5
    >
    > Adobe seems to freeze often while in F.F.
    > I then 3-finger-salute and endprocess Adobe,
    > that then resumes F.F. usable.
    >
    > Is there an older version of either that are
    > stable and compatible with each other?
    >

    > Thank you
    >

    > 1024M RAM
    > 2.0G CPU
    > WINXP-sp2

    After constant problems with Adobe's pdf reader, not to mention the
    immense size of the installation, I finally uninstalled it and now use
    Foxit Reader: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

    Small footprint, fast, and has worked perfectly for me. BTW, I have
    always had pdf docs open in a separate window, not in the browser.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 28, 2005
  4. Gypsy

    Lou Guest

    On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:52:15 -0500, Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    >Gypsy wrote:
    >> Firefox 1.5
    >> Adobe 7.0.5
    >>
    >> Adobe seems to freeze often while in F.F.
    >> I then 3-finger-salute and endprocess Adobe,
    >> that then resumes F.F. usable.
    >>
    >> Is there an older version of either that are
    >> stable and compatible with each other?
    >>

    >> Thank you
    >>

    >> 1024M RAM
    >> 2.0G CPU
    >> WINXP-sp2

    >After constant problems with Adobe's pdf reader, not to mention the
    >immense size of the installation, I finally uninstalled it and now use
    >Foxit Reader: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/
    >
    >Small footprint, fast, and has worked perfectly for me. BTW, I have
    >always had pdf docs open in a separate window, not in the browser.

    I took your advise in a previous post and find the Foxit reader
    perfectly acceptable as a pdf reader without all the baggage
    that Adobe entails.

    Lou, Dec 28, 2005
  5. Gypsy

    Gypsy Guest

    Adobe seems to freeze often while in F.F.

    While in F.F., a pdf loads itself into the F.F. browser.
    About 10% of the time, while loading pdf from newspaperarchive.com,
    the browser just freezes and sometimes a (Not Responding) message
    appears in the FF browser title bar and then a box appears telling of
    the crash.

    Maybe it is the plugin problem, maybe it is FF.

    Gypsy, Dec 28, 2005
  6. Gypsy

    Splibbilla Guest

    Lou <> in news::

    >>Foxit Reader: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/
    >>
    >>Small footprint, fast, and has worked perfectly for me. BTW, I have
    >>always had pdf docs open in a separate window, not in the browser.

    > I took your advise in a previous post and find the Foxit reader
    > perfectly acceptable as a pdf reader without all the baggage
    > that Adobe entails.

    yeah. when reinstalled win, etc, i decided also to try foxit. it loads *really fast* while acroread 5 had been slow. however on
    another computer, acro7 loads much faster than acro 6 used to. i'd suggest adobe's reader only if you will be downloading
    'fillable' pdfs. (unless there's an alt for that purpose, too?)

    there's also a util (with oddish interface) PdfSpeedUp
    http://www.acropdf.com/
    it moves acro's unneeded plugins to the dump-whatsitsname folder per adobe's recommendation. PdfSpeedUp also removes the
    an ad from the toolbar, allowing precious space for acro's oversized toolbar buttons.

    foxit squeezes its ad for itself into the menubar, not consuming toolbar area. (ideally buttons could reside in menubar, as in
    moz/firefox/tb, but Acro is made by adobe....)

    www.dangeruss-industries.com/SeaMonkey_typo.html

    Splibbilla, Dec 31, 2005