Adobe Audition 2.0 hiccup during record process

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joewo, Jul 23, 2006.

  1. joewo

    joewo Guest

    Hi there

    I have Adobe Audition 2.0 and it seems to have a consistent hiccup
    during the initial recording process. It seems to occur EVERY time i
    record at 2:30 to 2:45 into the record process.

    i record as a WAV file at 44100 stereo 16 bit. i have the cache set
    in Audition to 32 megs.i have win xp on a 2.4 ghz chip with 512 ram.
    i have turned off all other programs when i try to record and i went
    into startup and turned off all of the unneeded programs there as
    well.

    as i record the process goes along just fine until i get to 2:30 to
    2:45 when there is an audible hiccup for about 1/2 a second where it
    actually stops recording and then it immediately picks up recording
    after the hiccup. so during the hiccup the system misses that 1/2
    second of audio that is being fed to it....so the audio being fed to
    the computer for that 1/2 second is not recorded in the resulting
    audio track. when i look at the wave form visually there is the
    hiccup of just dead air which matches the audio output. this hapens
    every time at 2:30 to 2:45.

    i changed the cache to 1 meg for grins and it happened at the same
    time again.

    i tried to watch the CPU in TaskManager and it seems to be going along
    at about 35% without change during the whole thing.

    i am wondering if the visual audio wave form could be causing this?

    any ideas?
    Thanks!
    joewo, Jul 23, 2006

  2. joewo

    doS Guest

    try Tums

    doS, Jul 23, 2006

  3. joewo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    doS wrote:
    > try Tums

    Back about 25 years ago when I was working at a local diner, I had a very
    nice Mexican lady teach me how to get rid of hiccups. You know those little
    sugar packets in the restaurants that holds about a teaspoon? Swallow the
    contents dry. Of course, a spoonful from the kitchen does the same thing.
    It's never failed me yet.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 24, 2006
  4. joewo

    don ward Guest

    It sounds to me like the buffer empties out and the pause is time it
    takes to refill from the hd.
    I would suggest a slower recording speed if these are music tracks try
    setting the record speed to max of 8/12X see if any thing changes
    I am running a pent 4@ 2.4 mhz with i gig or ram and burn at 12X for
    music never have a hic-up

    dnw

    don ward, Jul 24, 2006