    of A A Reader cos the latest v 6 takes forever to load .My OS is
    W98SE - any ideas
    tks, JrM
    john.Alresford@home, Sep 15, 2003

  2. john.Alresford@home

    °Mike° Guest

    Uninstall and reinstall Acrobat Reader, and then set the
    browser integration in the options.

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:50:45 +0100, in
    <>
    john.Alresford@home scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 15, 2003

  3. john.Alresford@home

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'John',

    I had an identical problem which lasted for ages until I realised the
    software which I had downloaded was the cause. I think it was a Pop-up
    stopper. Anyway, I got rid of that and have had no more problems.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Sep 15, 2003
  4. john.Alresford@home

    Liz Guest

    <john.Alresford@home> wrote:
    > I have just been to my ISP site to view my monthly bill .
    > It says 'to view your bill you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader
    > installed' - I have, but the file won't open - a msg about A A Reader
    > won't open - have had this problem for a while and tried diff' version
    > of A A Reader cos the latest v 6 takes forever to load .My OS is
    > W98SE - any ideas
    > tks, JrM

    I use Adobe Reader 6 on ME. You can't uninstall it from the
    Add/Remove program list unless you download Microsoft
    Windows Installer - InstMsiA.exe (1670 KB).

    After you run the program, go to Add/Remove program list>
    click Adobe Reader 6> click Remove> when the Wizard pops up,
    choose Repair or Remove.

    Windows Installer manages the installation, addition, and deletion of
    software components, monitors file resiliency, and maintains basic
    disaster recovery by way of rollbacks. You can find the d/l link here.
    http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&qu=Windows Installer&view=en-us

    Adobe Reader text-only download page for all versions.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/alternate.html
    Liz, Sep 15, 2003
  5. john.Alresford@home

    Patrick Guest

    Emrys Davies wrote:
    > 'John',
    >
    > I had an identical problem which lasted for ages until I realised the
    > software which I had downloaded was the cause. I think it was a
    > Pop-up stopper. Anyway, I got rid of that and have had no more
    > problems.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emrys Davies.

    You just reminded me, something might be helpfull,
    T'other day went to look at PDF on web, nothing happened,
    unblocked Google-bar pop-up stopper (on that site) and away.

    Patrick, Sep 15, 2003