Adobe Acrobat Professional demands to be activated every 5 minutes!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alasdair, Jan 18, 2007.

  1. Alasdair

    Alasdair Guest

    I have been running Acrobat Professional 7.0 with no problems and when
    they offered an upgrade to 7.0.8 and I installed it, there was no
    problem A week ago, I was offered to upgrade to version 7.0.9 and
    when I installed that, my problems got going.

    A popup window came up saying: "Your computer's configuration appears
    to have changed since the time this product was activated. To continue
    using this product, please click OK to activate it again for your new
    system configuration or click "cancel" to exit".

    By the way, I am running a PC with Windows XP Professional Service
    Pack 2 (build 2600); 3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4;1024 Megabytes
    Installed Memory.

    I re-activate the product and get a message saying: "Thank You. We
    appreciate your taking the time to activate this copy of Adobe
    Acrobat".

    Five minutes later, when using Acrobat, the popup appears again and I
    re-activate again ad nauseam.

    Has anyone else had this problem with version 7.0.9? I am thinking of
    removing Acrobat and re-installing it from the original CD but am open
    to suggestions.

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Jan 18, 2007