    printer.

    Hope some one knows something

    Paul
    Agent86, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Agent86

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Agent86:
    When you get the search box for "AdobePDF.dll", click browse, (the
    i386 folder is shown), hit the back button 1 time, select the amd folder and
    the AdobePDF.dll file.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Feb 5, 2007

  3. Agent86

    Agent86 Guest

    Re ran the setup and all went well, pdf printer installed as well
    paul

    Agent86, Feb 5, 2007
  4. infowarsdotcom, Feb 21, 2009
  5. Agent86

    veruschkan Guest

    veruschkan, Oct 26, 2009
  6. Agent86

    jeffHaims Guest

    Dennis,
    Thanks! This info was really helpfull and worked as you said it would.
    ...Appreciate you taking the time to post this for the rest of us.
    just upgraded to Win 7 64Bit and it worked as your solution for Vist
    written below.
    BR
    Jeff

    jeffHaims's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/210971.ht
    View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x64-edition/674680.ht

    http://forums.techarena.i
    jeffHaims, Apr 20, 2010
  7. Agent86

    sethfromsd

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    add to dennis' solution

    I was so frustrated with this issue that I am taking the time to register on this site just to pay forward the solution that worked for me. In addition to Dennis' solution, which by the way thank you very much Dennis... I also needed to update acrobat 8 to 8.1.

    I imagine folks finding this page are having a problem reloading valid but older adobe 8 software after doing something like nuking their operating system, or buying a new computer, etc. I am running win7 x64 and needed to re-load it from scratch on an existing machine. (And by the way, if you are thinking of doing this... don't forget to de-activate your adobe license before re-activating it on the new pc.)

    Well I noticed that adobe doesn't support auto-updates on this version anymore, which is just as well since they never seemed to be worth the hassle anyway. That said, the 8.1 update completely solved my issue.

    So it seems the great solution submitted by Dennis will work for most of you guys, but just in case its not obvious... check your version update to get the final fix as needed.

    The next question is where the heck to find the updates, right? For easy reference, here you go:

    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows

    The one I needed was:

    Adobe Acrobat 8.1 Professional and Standard update - English, French, German, and Japanese 36.2MB 6/5/2007

    Hope this helps someone avoid the hassle I went through resolving this basic issue, which is lame that adobe stopped supporting, since it is the main reason anyone buys their software in the first place.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    sethfromsd, Mar 14, 2012