    ADO.net preparation or is the content in the MSPress book
    sufficient? I do not want to buy any other preparation
    guide.

    zzz, Nov 8, 2004

  2. zzz

    Eric Guest

    zzz wrote:

    > I am preparing for 70-316 and I have a question regarding
    > ADO.net part of the syllabus: For preparation, I am
    > basically using MSPress book: "Developing and
    > Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft
    > Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET". Is any
    > other book dedicated to ADO that is recommended for
    > ADO.net preparation or is the content in the MSPress book
    > sufficient? I do not want to buy any other preparation
    > guide.

    You want a book recommendation, but you're not going to buy the book?

    Eric, Nov 8, 2004

  3. zzz

    Syanide Guest

    wrox press do a very good ado.net book called 'ado.net programmer reference'
    make sure u order the c# version though...

    Syanide, Nov 8, 2004
  4. zzz

    zzz Guest

    I meant I do not want to buy a preparation guide that
    might contain all the topics not related to ADO as well.
    My question was regarding a book totally dedicated to ADO.

    zzz, Nov 9, 2004
  5. Dear zzz,

    The Wrox book will definitely cover the ADO.NET basics of 70-316... and
    more! Just get a 3 day course like #2389 stated on
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.asp

    HTH,

    Pieter de Bruin
    Avanade Netherlands
    MCSD.NET

    =?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIGRlIEJydWlu?=, Nov 10, 2004
  6. zzz

    Eric Guest

    zzz wrote:

    > I meant I do not want to buy a preparation guide that
    > might contain all the topics not related to ADO as well.
    > My question was regarding a book totally dedicated to ADO.

    Pragmatic ADO.NET by Shawn Wildermuth

    Eric, Nov 10, 2004