    CC

    -----------------
    Cheekycharlie, Jul 15, 2007

  2. Cheekycharlie

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:56:04 +0100, Cheekycharlie wrote:

    >I posted earlier about not being able to Install Microsoft Office 2007.

    So you did, about an hour between posts. It's too soon to start
    reposting. Read the replies you had earlier.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Jul 15, 2007

  3. already have done to no avail
    CC

    -----------------
    -----------------
    Cheekycharlie, Jul 15, 2007
  4. Cheekycharlie

    ded Guest

    "Cheekycharlie" <> wrote in message
    >I posted earlier about not being able to Install Microsoft Office 2007.
    >
    > I am logged in as administrator and my password is ok, but when installing
    > it repeatedly states that I should be log in as administrator.
    >
    > I am running Vista Home Premium on my laptop. Any positve help greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > CC

    With Windows error messages that are specific to MS operating
    systems and software, the first place to look is the MS Knowledgebase.
    Click this link to the Knowledge base:
    http://tinyurl.com/29rvmv

    Windows dosen't make up error messages on-the-fly.
    The error message you received will be in the database,
    and hopefully it will detail causes and solutions.

    In above link you will see it is set to search "All Products"
    use the drop-down to narrow the search results to only
    "Vista home premium"
    (Then perform the search a second time but in MS Office.)

    In the search criteria type exactly - word-for-word, the
    error message you're receiving.
    ded, Jul 15, 2007
  5. Cheekycharlie

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:22:20 +0100, Cheekycharlie wrote:

    >already have done to no avail

    Then say so in the original thread.

    Also fix the stupid footer you post with. If it's added by your news
    provider then add the sig delimiter above it.

    why?, Jul 15, 2007
  6. Cheekycharlie

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:53:47 +0100, ded wrote:

    >"Cheekycharlie" <> wrote in message
    >>I posted earlier about not being able to Install Microsoft Office 2007.
    >>
    >> I am logged in as administrator and my password is ok, but when installing
    >> it repeatedly states that I should be log in as administrator.
    >>
    >> I am running Vista Home Premium on my laptop. Any positve help greatly
    >> appreciated.
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> CC

    >With Windows error messages that are specific to MS operating
    >systems and software, the first place to look is the MS Knowledgebase.
    >Click this link to the Knowledge base:
    >http://tinyurl.com/29rvmv

    Not a lot of point hiding
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx
    as a tinyURL, using the preview feature is also better as well.
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/71p3
    shows one where the URL is aimed.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Jul 15, 2007
  7. Cheekycharlie

    Pee Jay Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:55:26 GMT, why?

    >On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:53:47 +0100, ded wrote:
    >

    >>"Cheekycharlie" <> wrote in message
    >>>I posted earlier about not being able to Install Microsoft Office 2007.
    >>>
    >>> I am logged in as administrator and my password is ok, but when installing
    >>> it repeatedly states that I should be log in as administrator.
    >>>
    >>> I am running Vista Home Premium on my laptop. Any positve help greatly
    >>> appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> thanks
    >>>
    >>> CC

    >>With Windows error messages that are specific to MS operating
    >>systems and software, the first place to look is the MS Knowledgebase.
    >>Click this link to the Knowledge base:
    >>http://tinyurl.com/29rvmv

    >Not a lot of point hiding
    >http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx
    >as a tinyURL, using the preview feature is also better as well.
    >http://preview.tinyurl.com/71p3
    >shows one where the URL is aimed.

    Go here:-

    http://tinyurl.com/preview.php

    and you can set your own preferences to ensure that a tinyurl is
    always previewed even if no preview in the url. But this needs cookies
    enabled.
    --
    Pee Jay
    NSW Australia
    Pee Jay, Jul 16, 2007
  8. Cheekycharlie

    Guest

    Pee Jay <> wrote:

    >and you can set your own preferences to ensure that a tinyurl is
    >always previewed even if no preview in the url. But this needs cookies
    >enabled.

    It's a real hassle when you delete your cookies when your browser
    closes.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w
  9. Cheekycharlie

    Pee Jay Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:29:53 -0700, wrote:

    > Pee Jay <> wrote:
    >
    >>and you can set your own preferences to ensure that a tinyurl is
    >>always previewed even if no preview in the url. But this needs cookies
    >>enabled.

    >It's a real hassle when you delete your cookies when your browser
    >closes.

    Mmmm - guess that is a problem - I don't clear my cookies on browser
    close as there are a few I need to keep. Ccleaner lets me delete all
    cookies except the ones I need.

    Make A Shorter Link:-

    http://makeashorterlink.com/

    used to do the preview option without any special settings but I just
    went there to have another look at it and found:-

    Make A Shorter Link has been acquired by TinyURL.com

    I wonder how long ago that happened?!

    --
    Pee Jay
    NSW Australia