    Incidentally, one of our client's admin password on his laptop(xp
    professional) had been forgotten, is there anyways to recover an admin
    password?, need your help badly..thanks...

    sparc58, May 8, 2007

  2. sparc58

    CBIC Guest

    "sparc58" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Incidentally, one of our client's admin password on his laptop(xp
    > professional) had been forgotten, is there anyways to recover an admin
    > password?, need your help badly..thanks...

    There are products out there to reset admin passwords. Do a google search.

    CBIC, May 8, 2007

  3. sparc58

    TedLarsen Guest

    ERD commander

    has a utility that resets admin passwords (local admin password, not domain
    admin passwords).

    TedLarsen, May 8, 2007
  4. sparc58

    TedLarsen Guest

    RE: ERD commander

    Well, ERD commander is acutally a bootable CD that boots a Windows GUI from
    CD. It's wasn't a free program. Microsoft aquired Winterals (original
    developers of ERD) and I guess they don't provide it for purchase anymore
    (since July of 2006)

    http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/winternals.mspx

    you can try the solutions Microsoft provides on this page to see if their
    utilites can help you.

    Or....

    Without breaking board rules to blatently......ERD still available out
    there if you want to find it bad enough. :)

    torrents.

    Hopefully you're familar with them.

    Ted

    TedLarsen, May 8, 2007
  5. sparc58

    sparc58 Guest

    RE: ERD commander

    sparc58, May 8, 2007
  6. RE: ERD commander

    Try http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], May 9, 2007
  7. If you feel up to building a PE disk, the UBCD4Win package has a ton of
    utilities that can help you with such things.

    If not, there's always Knoppix.

    Chance

    Chance Webster, May 12, 2007
  8. sparc58

    sparc58 Guest

    all,
    thanks for your all advise, it will help me a lot..

    sparc58, May 12, 2007
  9. sparc58

    MCDST070-271 Guest

    Do a google search for "skeleton key".. The first few google finds will
    reference the movie, you want to look for the utility.

    MCDST070-271, May 13, 2007
  10. sparc58

    Mason Guest

    erdcommander, this will reset any password... don't know where to get it
    from though.

    Mason, May 30, 2007
  11. sparc58

    Montreal MCT Guest

    ERD Commander was part of the Winternals package. When Microsoft bought
    that company last July they took it off the market. To the best of my
    knowledge it has not been rereleased.

    Montreal MCT, May 30, 2007
  12. "Montreal MCT" <> wrote in message

    > ERD Commander was part of the Winternals package. When Microsoft bought
    > that company last July they took it off the market. To the best of my
    > knowledge it has not been rereleased.

    > "Mason" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > erdcommander, this will reset any password... don't know where to get

    > it
    > > from though.
    > > "sparc58" <> wrote in message

    > >> Incidentally, one of our client's admin password on his laptop(xp
    > >> professional) had been forgotten, is there anyways to recover an

    > admin
    > >> password?, need your help badly..thanks...

    http://yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom/2007/01/locked_out_or_f.html.
    This is instructions for a bootable linux disc that will assist you in
    resetting the password.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], May 30, 2007