    my children who are getting adicted to playing too much online games.
    TIA
    yakis
    yakis, Oct 19, 2006

  2. yakis wrote:

    > Hi every one,
    > Can any one help me by advicing me of how to prevent or block some
    > websites (games etc.) on my web browser (Internet Explorer, Windows
    > XP Pro SP2) from my children who are getting adicted to playing too
    > much online games.

    Add the domain names of the game sites to your HOSTS file.
    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#hosts

    Of course, if they are teenagers, it will take them about six seconds to
    figure out what you did. The *real* answer is: be a parent, say "No!",
    turn off the computer and hand them a book.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 19, 2006

  3. yakis schrieb:
    > Can any one help me by advicing me of how to prevent or block some websites
    > (games etc.) on my web browser (Internet Explorer, Windows XP Pro SP2) from
    > my children who are getting adicted to playing too much online games.

    I'd remove the internet connection cable.
    Or get a separate firewall (could be an old PC with Linux installed,
    could be router/firewall appliance) that you do not allow your kids
    access to (put it in a locked cabinet (airflow!) etc.).

    I suspect anything you do on the machine itself is not likely to last
    long, but maybe with XP pro things can actually be made airtight.
    Oh, and it is simple to use another webbrowser or boot from a live CD
    and access the net that way; my above suggestion would block that, too.

    Cheers
    mendel
    --
    Isn't it amazing how you don't know how to do something and then you do?
    -- Bubbly blonde, Overheard in New York, February 04, 2005
    Michael Mendelsohn, Oct 19, 2006
  4. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" schrieb:
    > Of course, if they are teenagers, it will take them about six seconds to
    > figure out what you did. The *real* answer is: be a parent, say "No!",
    > turn off the computer and hand them a book.

    Kick 'em outside.
    We have arule: when teh weather's dry, computer time must be bought with
    an equal portion of "outside time", on that same day.

    Cheers
    mendel
    --
    Isn't it amazing how you don't know how to do something and then you do?
    -- Bubbly blonde, Overheard in New York, February 04, 2005
    Michael Mendelsohn, Oct 19, 2006
  5. You can buy Kidswatch. Check out www.kidswatch.com.
    I think this can solve allot of you problems.

    Geir A. Wigmostad, Oct 20, 2006