    the DSL) i dont think its working well. when trying to use wifi, my adsl will
    disconnect and the wired lan connected to my switch cant access internet..
    what did i do wrong?
    =?Utf-8?B?U2lDa0NvVw==?=, Oct 22, 2005

  2. "SiCkCoW" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > guys, i tried to bridge 3 connections (USB wifi, connection to switch, and
    > the DSL) i dont think its working well. when trying to use wifi, my adsl
    > will
    > disconnect and the wired lan connected to my switch cant access internet..
    > what did i do wrong?

    No need to bridge. Let them all go auto assign IP from the router.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 23, 2005

  3. hello diamontina,

    Actually this PC will serve as my router. im not and not planning to use a
    router so this PC will serve the connection and the files at the same time. I
    just want to make the most out of this pc. Thanks for your reply

    =?Utf-8?B?U2lDa0NvVw==?=, Oct 25, 2005
  4. "SiCkCoW" <> wrote in message
    > hello diamontina,
    >
    > Actually this PC will serve as my router. im not and not planning to use
    > router so this PC will serve the connection and the files at the same
    > time. I
    > just want to make the most out of this pc. Thanks for your reply
    >
    > "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:
    >

    >> "SiCkCoW" <> wrote in message
    >> > guys, i tried to bridge 3 connections (USB wifi, connection to switch,
    >> > and
    >> > the DSL) i dont think its working well. when trying to use wifi, my
    >> > adsl
    >> > will
    >> > disconnect and the wired lan connected to my switch cant access
    >> > internet..
    >> > what did i do wrong?

    >> No need to bridge. Let them all go auto assign IP from the router.

    OK then the answer to your adsl disconnecting is that on the computer with
    the adsl modem connected, you have set a gateway. Get rid of the gateway on
    that computer only. That computer's IP is the gateway for the other
    computers.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 25, 2005
  5. the adsl modem's ip is dynamic. so i cant use it as a gateway. thats why i
    have to bride it to the ethernet card that i can assign an IP to share the
    connection going to the hub switch.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2lDa0NvVw==?=, Oct 26, 2005
  6. "SiCkCoW" <> wrote in message
    > the adsl modem's ip is dynamic. so i cant use it as a gateway. thats why i
    > have to bride it to the ethernet card that i can assign an IP to share the
    > connection going to the hub switch.

    Bridging is all auto assign. My bet is that somehow, you don't have the
    dynamic you think you have. It may show up in registry only, too.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 26, 2005