    connecting. I click on the show wireless networks and I see the adhoc
    network, I re-connect and it lasts only 30 seconds to a minute.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    =?Utf-8?B?SkQ=?=, Nov 12, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SkQ=?=

    Falcon Guest

    "JD" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I setup my first laptop with all the appropriate settings for adhoc, no WEP
    > or any security. Problem is that all 3 of my laptops while in adhoc mode
    > connect, then just drop the connection within 30 seconds to a minute of
    > connecting. I click on the show wireless networks and I see the adhoc
    > network, I re-connect and it lasts only 30 seconds to a minute.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

    Disable IEEE 802.1x authentication on all machines.(Wireless Networks /
    Network Properties / Authentication)

    --
    Falcon:
    fide, sed cui vide. (L)
    Falcon, Nov 12, 2004

  3. IEEE 802.1X is disabled. I can get the laptops to conncect briefly and even
    ping, but then they just drop the connection like a bad habit. The
    connection lasts maybe 30 seconds. The IP's are setup statically, so DHCP
    isn't a problem.......

    hmmmmm

    =?Utf-8?B?SkQ=?=, Nov 15, 2004