    allow that address range. I just don't know if you use a different client to
    create the adhoc connection if it hands uses a different IP range.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?S2VlcGVy?=, Apr 5, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2VlcGVy?=

    AJR Guest

    Addresses in the range 192...... are assigned through DCHP (usually a
    router) - otherwise private addresses in range of 169,,,,,, are assigned -
    which should be the result of an adhoc wireless network.

    AJR, Apr 5, 2006

  3. opps I ment to type in 169.*.

    Will adhocs regardless of the software always give a 169.* address?

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VlcGVy?=, Apr 5, 2006
  4. Hi

    Assuming that you have Entry Level hardware using peer to peer Network.

    Windows Zero Configuration does not assign IPs.

    IP can be assign by a DHCP server or manfully using IP number that is in the
    range of Private Networks. 192.168.xxx.xxx is one of the Private Ranges.

    IP of 169.254.xxx.xxx means that there is No DHCP server and windows
    assigned it as a default IP.

    No matter what, the IPs of the computers that are on the same Network have
    to be in the same IP range which means that the first three groups of
    numbers must be the same.

    E.g. Computer One, 192.168.1.1 Computer Two, 192.168.1.2 or in general
    192.168.1.x

    Whatever your IP range is, it has to be allowed by the Firewall.

    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 5, 2006