    but i am wireless connected to this laptop. On the host laptop i am using ie6
    and on the other laptop ie7. Dont know if that might cause a problem.
    Please help

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaXVz?=, May 19, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaXVz?=

    Jack Guest

    Jack, May 19, 2006

  3. Thanx but i acually used that link to set it all up. Should i shange my
    laptop connection to computer to computer as well?. I can connect to the
    other computer fine, it is onley the internet that i cant use. It is a dial
    up connection from tiscally broadband if that may help

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaXVz?=, May 20, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaXVz?=

    RalfG Guest

    Some thoughts:

    The internet connection could be blocked in your firewall or the Host's.
    Check that your LAN connection is allowed to connect to the internet.

    Freeware firewalls (on the host computer) tend to not support ICS and will
    block the internet connection if they don't. The firewall would need to be
    disabled or removed/replaced before you could connect using ICS. Those
    firewalls that do support ICS may require enabling Gateway mode or some
    similar option.

    Did you set up DNS and Gateway in your TCP/IP configuration or just leave it
    at the Windows defaults? You might have to enter in the ISP's DNS servers
    and gateway address IPO the host computers address.

    RalfG, May 24, 2006