    cannot find it.

    Any suggestions how to fix this ?

    --
    s.a.kirby, Oct 8, 2003

  2. s.a.kirby

    Harrison Guest

    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The second one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.

    Disable Windows Messenger Service:
    This IS NOT the same as MSN Messenger and it will not affect your
    ability to chat with friends.
    Click Start > Run and type "services.msc" (no quotes) click OK

    In the right pane, scroll down to Messenger.

    Double click Messenger and click the General tab.

    Under Service Status: click the Stop button.

    In the Startup Type: drop down box, select Disable.

    Click Apply and OK.

    Harrison, Oct 8, 2003