Address Resolution Problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ken Vizena, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. Ken Vizena

    Ken Vizena Guest

    Hi,

    I am wanting some perr review into some possible solutions to a
    problem that has crept up this morning.

    We are in the process of rolling out a new site in another country. We
    have run into a snag since we use a SIP LD Provider for all of our LD
    enterprise wide. The problem is their gateway is 172.16.1.38 /24 and
    our remote location passes through a contracted resource who uses the
    172.16.1.0 /24 as their core netblock. So on the remote end the
    address is local and will not be routed, but my question is what are
    my solutions.

    1) Ask my LD Provider to give me another address (unlikely, but I have
    asked)
    2) Setup double NAT between sites to alleviate the need to pass the
    netblock in question to our contracted resources core router for
    routing information.
    3) Setup a tunnel between locations accross the shared medium and
    bypass any routing problems

    Any insight or information is greatly appreciated.

    Ken Vizena
    Ken Vizena, Oct 6, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Ken Vizena <> wrote:
    :The problem is their gateway is 172.16.1.38 /24 and
    :eek:ur remote location passes through a contracted resource who uses the
    :172.16.1.0 /24 as their core netblock.

    :3) Setup a tunnel between locations accross the shared medium and
    :bypass any routing problems

    That would be my recommendation.
    --
    If a troll and a half can hook a reader and a half in a posting and a half,
    how many readers can six trolls hook in six postings?
    Walter Roberson, Oct 6, 2004