    can eliminate them all by deleting the history, but is there a way to
    eliminate individual lines without getting rid of the whole list? Or, is
    there a way to turn off the feature completely?
    Bob, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Bob

    MLC Guest

    Il Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:13:44 GMT, Bob ha scritto:

    > By clicking on the down arrow at the end of the address line, both Mozilla
    > and IE displays a list of previously visited sites. Sometimes I'd rather
    > not have these sites available to others who may use my computer. I know I
    > can eliminate them all by deleting the history, but is there a way to
    > eliminate individual lines without getting rid of the whole list? Or, is
    > there a way to turn off the feature completely?

    Hover the mouse on the entry to be deleted, higlighting it without
    clicking, and press Shift-Delete. It works with Firefox (not with IE), then
    I suppose it should work with Mozilla too.

    --
    Maria Luisa C - 25/07/2005 23.25.02
    The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book
    MLC, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    "MLC" <> wrote in message
    > Il Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:13:44 GMT, Bob ha scritto:
    >
    >> By clicking on the down arrow at the end of the address line, both
    >> Mozilla
    >> and IE displays a list of previously visited sites. Sometimes I'd rather
    >> not have these sites available to others who may use my computer. I know
    >> can eliminate them all by deleting the history, but is there a way to
    >> eliminate individual lines without getting rid of the whole list? Or, is
    >> there a way to turn off the feature completely?

    > Hover the mouse on the entry to be deleted, higlighting it without
    > clicking, and press Shift-Delete. It works with Firefox (not with IE),
    > then
    > I suppose it should work with Mozilla too.

    Thanks! That does it!

    Bob
    Bob, Jul 25, 2005
  4. Bob

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Bob wrote:

    > "MLC" <> wrote in message
    >> Il Mon, 25 Jul 2005 21:13:44 GMT, Bob ha scritto:
    >>
    >>> By clicking on the down arrow at the end of the address line, both
    >>> Mozilla
    >>> and IE displays a list of previously visited sites. Sometimes I'd
    >>> rather
    >>> not have these sites available to others who may use my computer. I
    >>> know I
    >>> can eliminate them all by deleting the history, but is there a way to
    >>> eliminate individual lines without getting rid of the whole list?
    >>> Or, is
    >>> there a way to turn off the feature completely?

    >> Hover the mouse on the entry to be deleted, higlighting it without
    >> clicking, and press Shift-Delete. It works with Firefox (not with IE),
    >> then
    >> I suppose it should work with Mozilla too.

    > Thanks! That does it!
    >
    > Bob

    if you dont want them to save the URLs, set firefox to not save history
    [set to 0 days] and not sure about IE... lol
    Jedi Fans, Jul 25, 2005