    Chuck

    --
    Remove "-nubby-" to correspond.
    Gualtier Malde, Aug 19, 2006

  2. Gualtier Malde

    gwtc Guest

    Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > I send out a monthly newsletter for a group. In order not to trip spam
    > filters, I divide the 100+ names into groups of 20, simply by creating a
    > number of lists and Copy>Paste-ing 20 names. When I go back, though,
    > some lists don't have all the names. If I try manually to move a name
    > over it seems to work (the little envelope with arrow goes to the list
    > folder) but it won't be there when I check.
    >
    > There's another problem to discuss but I'll save that for another time
    > so as not to confuse the picture.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chuck

    I don't know what your problem is, but I have a few mailing lists I
    send out, too. What I do is create a mailing list, put some names in
    that and give the list a name. Now, when I send out to that list, I
    just enter the name or nick name of that list on the first line, then
    I hit send, and off it goes.

    --
    You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender . . .

    A Hammer is Male , because it hasn't changed much over the last 5,000
    years, but it's handy to have around.
    gwtc, Aug 19, 2006

  3. gwtc wrote:
    > Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >> I send out a monthly newsletter for a group. In order not to trip
    >> spam filters, I divide the 100+ names into groups of 20, simply by
    >> creating a number of lists and Copy>Paste-ing 20 names. When I go
    >> back, though, some lists don't have all the names. If I try manually
    >> to move a name over it seems to work (the little envelope with arrow
    >> goes to the list folder) but it won't be there when I check.
    >>
    >> There's another problem to discuss but I'll save that for another time
    >> so as not to confuse the picture.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Chuck
    >>

    > I don't know what your problem is, but I have a few mailing lists I send
    > out, too. What I do is create a mailing list, put some names in that
    > and give the list a name. Now, when I send out to that list, I just
    > enter the name or nick name of that list on the first line, then I hit
    > send, and off it goes.

    Yeah, that's what I do too. My problem is that the master list of
    recipients gets updated from time to time. Rather than keeping track of
    all the updates, I just delete all of the lists and re-create them each
    month. It has seemed to work, but I am beginning to think I just didn't
    notice the omissions.

    And when I directly (manually) try to transfer an entry from the parent
    file to a list, and it pretends to go, and doesn't... that's what I'm
    having trouble figuring out.

    --
    Remove "-nubby-" to correspond.
    Gualtier Malde, Aug 19, 2006
  4. Gualtier Malde

    gwtc Guest

    Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >>> I send out a monthly newsletter for a group. In order not to trip
    >>> spam filters, I divide the 100+ names into groups of 20, simply by
    >>> creating a number of lists and Copy>Paste-ing 20 names. When I go
    >>> back, though, some lists don't have all the names. If I try manually
    >>> to move a name over it seems to work (the little envelope with arrow
    >>> goes to the list folder) but it won't be there when I check.
    >>>
    >>> There's another problem to discuss but I'll save that for another
    >>> time so as not to confuse the picture.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Chuck
    >>>

    >> I don't know what your problem is, but I have a few mailing lists I
    >> send out, too. What I do is create a mailing list, put some names in
    >> that and give the list a name. Now, when I send out to that list, I
    >> just enter the name or nick name of that list on the first line, then
    >> I hit send, and off it goes.
    >>

    > Yeah, that's what I do too. My problem is that the master list of
    > recipients gets updated from time to time. Rather than keeping track of
    > all the updates, I just delete all of the lists and re-create them each
    > month. It has seemed to work, but I am beginning to think I just didn't
    > notice the omissions.
    >
    > And when I directly (manually) try to transfer an entry from the parent
    > file to a list, and it pretends to go, and doesn't... that's what I'm
    > having trouble figuring out.

    what happens when you close the address book and reopen it? Do the
    entries show up?

    gwtc, Aug 19, 2006
  5. gwtc wrote:
    > Gualtier Malde wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> I don't know what your problem is, but I have a few mailing lists I
    >>> send out, too. What I do is create a mailing list, put some names in
    >>> that and give the list a name. Now, when I send out to that list, I
    >>> just enter the name or nick name of that list on the first line, then
    >>> I hit send, and off it goes.
    >>>

    >> Yeah, that's what I do too. My problem is that the master list of
    >> recipients gets updated from time to time. Rather than keeping track
    >> of all the updates, I just delete all of the lists and re-create them
    >> each month. It has seemed to work, but I am beginning to think I just
    >> didn't notice the omissions.
    >>
    >> And when I directly (manually) try to transfer an entry from the
    >> parent file to a list, and it pretends to go, and doesn't... that's
    >> what I'm having trouble figuring out.
    >>

    > what happens when you close the address book and reopen it? Do the
    > entries show up?

    No. It's been a day or so and the computer has been shut down and
    restarted, and the situation is unchanged. It's really strange. I
    select one of the missing address book entries, drag it to the list
    folder, and drop it. Everything looks completely normal, but when I
    open the list, it's not there.

    --
    Remove "-nubby-" to correspond.
    Gualtier Malde, Aug 19, 2006