    me where Outlook keep the address book folder . I want to get it from the
    crashed HD.
    TIA
    Oops, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Oops

    Jay Guest

    "Oops" <phan65(DELETETHIS)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:DzKOb.38206$De.1277@edtnps84...
    > I have a hard drive that is crashed . I then install a new hard drive and

    OS
    > . I can still read the old hard drive as a slave . Would anyone please

    show
    > me where Outlook keep the address book folder . I want to get it from the
    > crashed HD.
    > TIA

    *try*
    C:\Documents and Settings\<profile name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Address
    Book

    Failing that do a search on the HD for *.wab
    wab is the extension for the outlook express address book.
    I'm not 100% about Outlook but may be worth trying until a 100%'er comes
    along.

    Jay
    Jay, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Oops

    Jay Guest

    "Jay" <> wrote in message

    > "Oops" <phan65(DELETETHIS)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I have a hard drive that is crashed . I then install a new hard drive

    and
    > OS
    > > . I can still read the old hard drive as a slave . Would anyone please

    > show
    > > me where Outlook keep the address book folder . I want to get it from

    the
    > > crashed HD.
    > > TIA

    > *try*
    > C:\Documents and Settings\<profile name>\Application

    Data\Microsoft\Address
    > Book
    >
    > Failing that do a search on the HD for *.wab
    > wab is the extension for the outlook express address book.
    > I'm not 100% about Outlook but may be worth trying until a 100%'er comes
    > along.
    >
    > Jay

    Oops, obviously, replacing C:\ with the drive letter of the slave.

    Jay
    Jay, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Oops

    Patrick Guest

    Oops wrote:
    > I have a hard drive that is crashed . I then install a new hard drive
    > and OS . I can still read the old hard drive as a slave . Would
    > anyone please show me where Outlook keep the address book folder . I
    > want to get it from the crashed HD.
    > TIA

    With WinXP-HE, I have in below directory, "Patrick.wab" and "Patrick.wa~"
    C:\Documents and Settings\Patrick\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\
    Patrick, Jan 19, 2004
  5. Oops

    Bay0Wulf Guest

    You should be able to find it by searching *.*.wab

    Bay0Wulf, Jan 19, 2004
  6. Oops

    Oops Guest

    Thanks Jay I will try it