Address Bar history in IE

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Keith Chilton, Jan 18, 2007.

  1. Where is the address bar history stored for IE stored in Windows? And i'm
    NOT wanting

    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\History

    I'm wanting to know the address bar history information when you click the
    down arrow. Is it possible (i'm sure it is) to delete individual entries in
    the address bar history?

    I liked the registry tweak to disable clearing this btw Michael. Great tip
    and must have registry tweak!

    --
    Keith Chilton, MCP
    Data Services Technician

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    representative independent of this message.
    Keith Chilton, Jan 18, 2007

  2. Keith Chilton wrote:
    > Where is the address bar history stored for IE stored in Windows? And i'm
    > NOT wanting
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\History
    >
    > I'm wanting to know the address bar history information when you click the
    > down arrow. Is it possible (i'm sure it is) to delete individual entries in
    > the address bar history?
    >
    > I liked the registry tweak to disable clearing this btw Michael. Great tip
    > and must have registry tweak!

    What have you been looking at? :)

    This might help: http://www.tweakxp.com/article37093.aspx
    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 18, 2007

  3. haha

    Nothing it's just something I need to know. I have to know everything you
    know. Btw, it looks like those are the addresses from what I'm seeing in the
    registry but deleting them does not take them out of the IE address bar drop
    down box.. Tried restarting the browser and windows .. still there.. hmmm
    thanks though i'll keep looking .. i'm close though

    Keith Chilton, Jan 18, 2007
  4. wait it worked never mind.. windows must have been messed up in my last
    login... it worked never mind. thanks a lot!

    when i rebooted windows it said my volume was "dirty" and did an immediate
    checkdisk... hmm

    Keith Chilton, Jan 18, 2007
  5. Keith Chilton wrote:
    > when i rebooted windows it said my volume was "dirty" and did an immediate
    > checkdisk... hmm

    dirty, eh? I had a hunch you were visiting some suspect sites... j/k
    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 18, 2007
  6. i like this feature a lot it's fun to torture end users with it lol

    Keith Chilton, Jan 20, 2007