    overlooked.

    Please all response to this will be highly appreciated

    Thanks Guys ffor your time

    Victor Asuquo, Nov 13, 2009

  2. "Victor Asuquo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello All;
    >
    > I am in the process of upgrading my credetials from MCSE to MCITP EA my
    > mcp id is 3493920. I have purchased the requisite MS Press books from
    > amazon, gone through them at least twice, performed all the labs (also
    > twice) and used the included practise tests from measureup and
    > consistently scored encouraging points.
    >
    > I want to know if all this preparation is adequate to ace the exam,

    "ace"!? probably not.

    "PASS"! ... possibly.

    > will the exam include simulations,

    Maybe. (I believe what to expect on the exam is covered in the Introductions
    in those MSPress books you've read.)

    > are there additional legitimate resources that might be helpful and all
    > the blah blah blah the I might need and may have overlooked.

    The Windows Server 2008 product documentation, in the Microsoft TechNet
    Library would be a good resource, and it's available for free, so I'd
    definitely start here -- also, it's the only *authoritative* source for
    information about Windows Server 2008.
    [http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd349801(WS.10).aspx]

    The various volumes of the Windows Server 2008 Resource Kit would also be an
    excellent resource.
    [http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Books/9552.aspx] (Active Directory)
    [http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Book.aspx?ID=11842&locale=en-us]
    (Hyper-V)

    and there are four others which seem to be not listed on the MSLearning
    website covering:
    * IIS7
    * Group Policy
    * Security
    * Terminal Services

    There are also Technical Reference Guides
    TCP/IP Protocols and Services
    [http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Books/11630.aspx]

    Networking and Network Access Protection (NAP)
    [http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Book.aspx?ID=11160&locale=en-us ]

    The Administrator's Companion
    [http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Books/11840.aspx]
    and the Inside Out books
    [http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Book.aspx?ID=11448&locale=en-us]
    are also usually good resources for exam preparation also.

    And absolutely be sure you've read Mitch Tulloch's
    Introducing Windows Server 2008
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Book.aspx?ID=11163&locale=en-us
    as you can expect a fair number of the questions on an *upgrade* exam will
    be based on new features of the OS.

    Be aware there is a *lot* of material covered on the 70-649 exam -- the
    equivalent content of three separate MCTS exams (70-640, 70-642, 70-643),
    plus the MCITP exam itself (70-647).

    Both of the above are resources that will help make the difference between
    "pass" and "ace".

    Note: All of the above volumes are available via the ITPro Microsoft
    eReference Library at Books24x7.com for $150/year subscription.
    http://microsofteref.books24x7.com/partnerspecial.asp

    Books24x7.com also offers a 30 day trial subscription.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Nov 13, 2009

  3. Lawrence provided a great road map (I had to give you 5 stars for
    that) and here are a few to compliment his recommendation:

    1. Check out MOAC (Microsoft Official Academic Curriculum) like:

    http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470224908,miniSiteCd-MOAC.html

    2. Check out the offerings at Sybex like:

    http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/Sybex...r-Certification-Kit.productCd-0470343451.html

    http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/Sybex...-Guide-Exam-70-647-.productCd-0470293160.html

    It's not free, but it is quality study material (This material is part
    of the learning reinforcement/retention package that we give to all of
    our students).

    Good luck,

    Scott Miller
    MLT/Instructing Technologies

    LearningAgent, Nov 13, 2009
  4. "LearningAgent" <> wrote in message

    >> Lawrence provided a great road map (I had to give you 5 stars for
    >> that) and here are a few to compliment his recommendation:

    > 1. Check out MOAC (Microsoft Official Academic Curriculum) like:
    > http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470224908,miniSiteCd-MOAC.html

    Absolutely incredible! I did not realize that MOAC was available for retail
    purchase!

    > 2. Check out the offerings at Sybex like:

    And thanks for including links from other publishers! Since Victor was
    already using MSPress materials, I chose to focus on the MSPress content,
    but certainly did not mean to slight Sybex, Wrox, APress, or any of the
    McGrawHill companies.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Nov 14, 2009