    Site 1 DC IP Subnet 10.0.0.x 255.255.255.0
    Site 2 DC IP Subnet 10.0.1.x 255.255.255.0

    Advice based on experience would be great.
    Hollywood0728, Sep 4, 2008

  2. Hollywood0728

    Bill Hileman Guest

    Hollywood0728 wrote:
    > What do I need to do regards configuring the remote DC?

    Hiring a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer would be a great start.
    Bill Hileman, Sep 4, 2008

  3. Ya, one that actually knows something is the hard part. Braindumps are
    dangerous for people that think they are a MCSE.

    Hollywood0728, Sep 4, 2008
  4. Hollywood0728

    Bill Hileman Guest

    Hollywood0728 wrote:
    > Ya, one that actually knows something is the hard part. Braindumps
    > are dangerous for people that think they are a MCSE.
    >
    > "Bill Hileman" wrote:
    >
    >> Hollywood0728 wrote:
    >>> What do I need to do regards configuring the remote DC?

    >> Hiring a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer would be a great start.

    Nice... You're okay in my book.
    Bill Hileman, Sep 4, 2008
  5. Hollywood0728

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day <> did cause the

    > Hi, I need to setup a DC in a remote site. The remote site will be
    > connected via a VPN IPSec tunnell (LAN to LAN) not sure on speed but
    > should imagine minimum 2mb download, 1mb upload. The remote site is
    > local to the main site (same town).

    Your routers should look after the communication between the two
    subnets.

    The rest is pretty easy. I've set this up a bunch of times. Keep all
    services (DNS, WINS, whatever) contains within the subnet to minimize
    traffic over the WAN.

    If you mention where you are perhaps someone lurking around the group
    would be interested in a little contract work to help you set it up
    properly?

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    TBone, Sep 5, 2008
  6. Hollywood0728

    LRM Guest

    "TBone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
    > And on the eigth day <> did cause the
    > electrons to come together and form the following words:
    >
    >> Hi, I need to setup a DC in a remote site. The remote site will be
    >> connected via a VPN IPSec tunnell (LAN to LAN) not sure on speed but
    >> should imagine minimum 2mb download, 1mb upload. The remote site is
    >> local to the main site (same town).

    > Your routers should look after the communication between the two
    > subnets.
    >
    > The rest is pretty easy. I've set this up a bunch of times. Keep all
    > services (DNS, WINS, whatever) contains within the subnet to minimize
    > traffic over the WAN.
    >
    > If you mention where you are perhaps someone lurking around the group
    > would be interested in a little contract work to help you set it up
    > properly?

    I agree with T-Bone, it is easy, and all the services he mentioned should be
    installed to keep things local. Also it is easier for everyone if you
    preconfigure everything in your data center leaving the ip config and
    authorizing dhcp to be done at the end just before you shut it down and
    ship. That way all that has to be done at the remote site is to plug it into
    the network and turn it on.
    LRM, Sep 5, 2008