    Is adding a wireless access point in a windows domain the same as
    adding one to a workgroup?

    Thx

    HDI, Apr 7, 2008

  2. WAPs are Layer 1&2 devices.
    You don't add them to domains or workgroups

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Apr 7, 2008

  3. Hi
    Wireless Access Point are like Wireless Hubs they are transparent to the
    traffic.
    Depending on how your Network is set you might need to adjust the WAP's core
    IP to much the subnet and allow the MAC, as they do appear on the Network.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 7, 2008
  4. HDI

    HDI Guest

    I mean a 'winows domain network' and a 'windows workgroup network'.

    HDI, Apr 7, 2008
  5. "HDI" <> wrote in message
    >I mean a 'winows domain network' and a 'windows workgroup network'.

    Same thing.

    A Domain is just an Administrative "entity" or "boundary". A Domain is not
    a "network".

    A workgroup is almost "nothing",...almost "imaginary". It is just a
    handfull of machines with the workgroup parameter set to the same "word".
    There is no central administrative ability with a workgroup. A workgroup is
    also not a "network".

    Anyway,..it is just like Jack said,...adding a WAP is not any different than
    adding a Hub or Switch to the network.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com