    Ran into an additional problem adding a Vista laptop to a home network. Is
    there some sneaky detail required for Vista to join a functioning network of
    XP computers?

    Stumpy, Apr 14, 2008

  2. Stumpy

    smlunatick Guest

    On Apr 14, 10:59 am, "Stumpy" <> wrote:
    > Ran into an additional problem adding a Vista laptop to a home network.  Is
    > there some sneaky detail required for Vista to join a functioning network of
    > XP computers?

    No! It is the same as XP.

    1) Same workgroup / domain

    2) Same network IP address scheme

    3) Firewall settings need to allow File/printer sharing

    4) Vista needs to know to "trust" each / every local network you wish
    to trust.

    smlunatick, Apr 14, 2008

  3. Stumpy

    Stumpy Guest

    > Ran into an additional problem adding a Vista laptop to a home network. Is
    > there some sneaky detail required for Vista to join a functioning network
    > of
    > XP computers?

    >No! It is the same as XP.

    >1) Same workgroup / domain

    >2) Same network IP address scheme

    >3) Firewall settings need to allow File/printer sharing

    >4) Vista needs to know to "trust" each / every local network you wish
    >to trust.

    I've got a bad setting on the laptop then.

    Stumpy, Apr 14, 2008
  4. Stumpy

    smlunatick Guest

    On Apr 14, 1:41 pm, "Stumpy" <> wrote:
    > > Ran into an additional problem adding a Vista laptop to a home network. Is
    > > there some sneaky detail required for Vista to join a functioning network
    > > of
    > > XP computers?
    > >No!  It is the same as XP.
    > >1) Same workgroup / domain
    > >2)  Same network IP address scheme
    > >3)  Firewall settings need to allow File/printer sharing
    > >4) Vista needs to know to "trust" each / every local network you wish
    > >to trust.

    > I've got a bad setting on the laptop then.

    Also check for anti-virus settings for blocking Internet worm style
    virus. This is a "hidden" firewall.

    smlunatick, Apr 14, 2008