Adding secondary gateway to cisco 3550 switch for link fail over

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Vishnu, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. Vishnu

    Vishnu Guest

    Hi

    Can anyone help me,this my first post on this forum.

    I am trying to configure my cisco switch 3550 to switch over to active
    link when primary link fails.
    can it be done by adding a secondary gateway to the switch, if yes can
    you please tell me the commands/config for the same.

    if it is not possible.

    is it have possible to assign weights for defaults routes, if yes can
    you please share the commands for it

    any help or information on cisco switch link failover( switch routing
    the path thro alternate path) is appericiated.

    I know it can done using OSPF and IBGP, but i would like to keep it
    simple

    any reference material on web would be great welcome :)

    Thank you

    Vishnu
    Vishnu, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Vishnu

    Guest

    > I am trying to configure my cisco switch 3550 to switch over to active
    > link when primary link fails

    >I know it can done using OSPF and IBGP, but i would like to keep it
    > simple

    That _is_ keeping it simple.
    , Dec 15, 2005