    I've switched off both firewalls but no success.

    any help much appreciated.
    Jono

    Jono, Feb 8, 2009

  2. You may try to add the printer as local printer first and then re-map it as
    network printer. or this search result may help.
    Vista Print Issues
    May 27, 2007 ... Troubleshooting print error. Vista: cannot connect to
    the printer - error 0x000003e3 · Vista Cannot connect to the printer, access
    denied ...
    www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaprint.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Feb 8, 2009

  3. Hi
    Maybe this can Help.
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    If you are using a 3rd party software Firewall, switch Off the native
    Firewall, and make sure that the printer is allowed through the active
    Firewall.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 8, 2009